Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns....

This is a discussion on Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This video by the NRA has caused me to ask the following question. What would you do if both the federal government and state government ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns....

Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns....

This video by the NRA has caused me to ask the following question. What would you do if both the federal government and state government told you that you had 2 weeks to turn in your firearms and if you fail to do so you will be arrested and charged with multiple felonies and imprisonment?

YouTube - NRA: To See Where Gun Licensing Leads, Look To Great Britain

I ask this question, because I'm sure those in Australia and London swore they would not give in, yet they did. I would like to believe us Americans would take the old Charlton Heston question to hear "Over my dead body".

Just curious how y'all feel on the subject, because its one that scares most of us as firearms enthusiast.

2. Remove Ads

I think that in 2 weeks all my guns will be "lost", double-barrelled will become sawn-off, TOZ-106 will lose trigger lock attached to folding stock and gas gun will be converted to a firearm.
    English is not my native language and I may sometimes use incorrect terms. Feel free to correct me if you feel like doing it.

Didn't I file a report about the break in?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was sitting in a Yorkshire friend's living room in the summer of 1997 when he received the notice in the mail listing his Walther PPK .22, Smith & Wesson Model 586, Colt New Service .455, and Webley Mark VI .455 and instructing him to deposit them with his local PC by September. Even I'm still bitter about it.
    No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Senior Moderator
    Well, there was this boating accident, see, and all my guns ended up at the bottom of Lake Monroe......
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Guns, what guns!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

FTF sales in TX require no paperwork, so they all got sold...
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

RKM
    The pistols were stolen, and no paper work needed for private sale of long guns in PA, so the long guns were sold.

They were all sold.. I cam upon hard times and needed the money. Sold them FTF. Names? uh no.. sorry didn't get no names.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Keep in mind, that should the government (state & fed) wander this far from the constitution, that there would likely be unwarranted searches (metal detectors, etc), arrest (no bail) and imprisonment (no trial).

My greatest fear is constitutional changes approved by the uneducated masses.
    Katana and Rock and Glock like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Jimmy Hoffa has mine. Go find and ask him.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

" You say you want a revolution.........." there are not enough government employees (state or federal) to even attempt to enforce this. My $.02
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Forscythe87 View Post
    This video by the NRA has caused me to ask the following question. What would you do if both the federal government and state government told you that you had 2 weeks to turn in your firearms and if you fail to do so you will be arrested and charged with multiple felonies and imprisonment?

YouTube - NRA: To See Where Gun Licensing Leads, Look To Great Britain

I ask this question, because I'm sure those in Australia and London swore they would not give in, yet they did. I would like to believe us Americans would take the old Charlton Heston question to hear "Over my dead body".

Just curious how y'all feel on the subject, because its one that scares most of us as firearms enthusiast.
    I am hypothetically laughing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Jimmy Hoffa has mine. Go find and ask him.
    They found Jimmy...err sort of. There was a death bed confession by one of his killers. They took Hoffa's body to a meat packing plant and ground him up into bits.

As to the OP: I would give up my firearms in accordance with the law. How they would know who had what though would make any such law about as useless as the paper it was written on.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Keep in mind, that should the government (state & fed) wander this far from the constitution, that there would likely be unwarranted searches (metal detectors, etc), arrest (no bail) and imprisonment (no trial).

My greatest fear is constitutional changes approved by the uneducated masses.
    Gloves is right. Heaven forbid that this happen, but should it go down - it will not be a polite questionaire.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links