Proof of ID for shotgun shells at Walmart?

This is a discussion on Proof of ID for shotgun shells at Walmart? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jaredpotts I am surprised this thread is 2 pages. I was Loss Prevention at Walmart so I can say without a doubt ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Proof of ID for shotgun shells at Walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by jaredpotts View Post
    I am surprised this thread is 2 pages. I was Loss Prevention at Walmart so I can say without a doubt that the corporate policy is that all Ammo as well as tobacco, alcohol, an various other items require ID. The cashier has to enter the DOB into the register, they can hit the bypass button if the customer is clearly of age but it is highly discouraged. If a cashier bypasses and the customer is not clearly of age (senior citizen) the cashier faces immediate termination. Getting asked for ID is nothing more then a company policy and not really worthy of two pages of discussion.
    Sure it is, when a Corporation's policy gets so stupid .... and think we "should" just swallow and enjoy it. It's another way to lose customers.
    I remember a guy telling me that they would not change oil... unless I gave them my home address..... I told him I'ld do that right after he gave me his home address. I no longer get my oil changed there, and a lot of other things due to their Corporate policies.... they over step their bounds quite often.

"we " are the one's who decide when they've crossed the line, not them.
    oneshot likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

Wally World is full of crap if you ask me. They make up rules as they go along. Locally they always ask if the 9mm or .45ACP I buy are for a handgun. I've told them, "No I use them in cake decorating" or "No they are for my machine gun". Always gets a hesitant look from the cashier. They don't know what to put in the register which I assume is asking the question.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Bought two boxes of Winchester bonded PDX1 at Meijers on Tues., and no ID asked for. I'm 50 and look it though.

No song and dance about a fed. law or nothing.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I'll go one better; last fall or maybe it was 2009 I was asked to show ID to buy Triple 7 pellets for my muzzle loader at Bass Pro Shops in Maryland. I contested because they wanted to make a photocopy of my ID. The clerk produced a letter from their Fire Marshall requiring ID to sell Powder or pellets. I passed on the pellets, just because I am that way, I left a note at customer service realizing it is not the store's fault and I do not live in MD.
    Last edited by bbqgrill; April 10th, 2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Original was horribly composed.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Sure it is, when a Corporation's policy gets so stupid .... and think we "should" just swallow and enjoy it. It's another way to lose customers.
    I remember a guy telling me that they would not change oil... unless I gave them my home address..... I told him I'ld do that right after he gave me his home address. I no longer get my oil changed there, and a lot of other things due to their Corporate policies.... they over step their bounds quite often.

"we " are the one's who decide when they've crossed the line, not them.
    well that is a little dramatic .... If you dont like their policies dont shop there it is pretty simple

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    What location was this at, I would like to avoid that store?

unless they are writing down/entering your info somewhere I would take it as a compliment. Or it is just someone doing their due diligence.
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage206 View Post
    unless they are writing down/entering your info somewhere I would take it as a compliment. Or it is just someone doing their due diligence.
    They enter the DOB into the register. Its not a big deal but some members of this forum could really benefit from some medication.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links