Reccomend a set of basic scope rings?

This is a discussion on Reccomend a set of basic scope rings? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am in the process of building a savage mark II for some summer time plinking fun. I'm not doing anything extravagant. Just a basic ...

Thread: Reccomend a set of basic scope rings?

Reccomend a set of basic scope rings?

I am in the process of building a savage mark II for some summer time plinking fun. I'm not doing anything extravagant. Just a basic set up. Here's the scope I will be using

Simmons Whitetail Classic Rifle Scope 6.5-20x 50mm Adjustable Objective Mil-Dot Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA

Since I have very little experience with rifles can someone recommend a good basic set of rings?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

From what I read the Savage Mark II has Weaver Style mounts so that's where you are going to start. Your scope takes 1" rings. Midway has an extensive list of rings. High or low rings depends on your likes and the size of the front bell of the scope. You have a real nice scope for a .22 plinker.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Links