Best All American AK??

This is a discussion on Best All American AK?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey, I was just wanting your opinions on the best American Ak-47. I'm not talking about anything imported and made 'American'. I'm talking about a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best All American AK??

Question Best All American AK??

Hey, I was just wanting your opinions on the best American Ak-47. I'm not talking about anything imported and made 'American'. I'm talking about a completely American made Ak47. So just give me your opinions, pros/cons, price, etc. Thanks.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I don't believe there is such an animal. The Romanians are great, but I don't understand why if you want an AK you would not one as close to Russian as possible, at that point I also realize there are American companies that build them but use the foreign made parts, so it is not truly made in the USA
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Get a rifle dynamics build or a red jacket build if you want the best. There are no equals.

Senior Moderator
    Rifles

IOI is the only manufacturer that comes close to your specs.
    Having sold several to customers, they are superior in fit and finish to all other AK's.

I had one client sell all of his other AK's and get the IOI's.

They are a bit higher priced than most AK's but most people say that they are worth it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

An AK might be the greatest weapon in the world (not), but after way too many years of being on the wrong end of one, (or ten,) there just ain't no way I'd own one.
    I'd much rather throw rocks!
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

Senior Moderator
    I'll take an AK over a rock.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bruce272 View Post
    An AK might be the greatest weapon in the world (not), but after way too many years of being on the wrong end of one, (or ten,) there just ain't no way I'd own one.
    I'd much rather throw rocks!

That is a very un-informed statement. You take rocks, your enemies will take AK's.... see how long you last.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I'll take an AK over a rock.
    HotGuns and I don't agree very often but we are in TOTAL agreement here!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Let he who is without AK be the first to cast a stone.
    BigFish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick46590 View Post
    Hey, I was just wanting your opinions on the best American Ak-47. I'm not talking about anything imported and made 'American'. I'm talking about a completely American made Ak47. So just give me your opinions, pros/cons, price, etc. Thanks.
    The only all American AK pattern rifle I know is is the Centurion 39 from Century Arms. Don't know the price though.

Product ID: RI1622-N
    Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle, Cal. 7.62x39mm Discounts Apply !
    Receive a discount on RI1622-N until April 30
    Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle, Cal. 7.62x39mm

100% American Made! No imported parts! Century is the only company making an all U.S. made AK!

The Centurion 39 is assembled using all new U.S. manufactured parts. It is different from other rifles on the market in that the receiver is machined from an 11 pound block of 4140 ordnance quality steel. The barrel is equipped with a proprietary V shaped Chevron Compensator, designed exclusively by Century. This unparalleled compensator design directs gases upward, which reduces recoil and makes the rifle more controllable. Instead of adjusting for windage from the front sight like other similar rifles, the rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation. Other features include a high visibility front sight post and a buttstock that is 1 inch longer than military style stocks, for better comfort and handling. The upper and lower handguard have four Picatinny rails which can be used to accessorize the Centurion 39 with red dot sights, scopes, lights, lasers and a fore grip. Barrel: 16.5” with a 1:10 twist, Overall: 37.25”, Weight: 8.2 lbs. Comes with two U.S. made 30 rd. mags. Condition: New. Not available for sale in NJ, MA, CA, CT, HI or where prohibited by law.

As seen in NRA publications, American Rifleman: Century Arms Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle
    Last edited by crabbys44; April 1st, 2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added information from website
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post
    The only all American AK pattern rifle I know is is the Centurion 39 from Century Arms. Don't know the price though.

Product ID: RI1622-N
    Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle, Cal. 7.62x39mm Discounts Apply !
    Receive a discount on RI1622-N until April 30
    Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle, Cal. 7.62x39mm

100% American Made! No imported parts! Century is the only company making an all U.S. made AK!

The Centurion 39 is assembled using all new U.S. manufactured parts. It is different from other rifles on the market in that the receiver is machined from an 11 pound block of 4140 ordnance quality steel. The barrel is equipped with a proprietary V shaped Chevron Compensator, designed exclusively by Century. This unparalleled compensator design directs gases upward, which reduces recoil and makes the rifle more controllable. Instead of adjusting for windage from the front sight like other similar rifles, the rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation. Other features include a high visibility front sight post and a buttstock that is 1 inch longer than military style stocks, for better comfort and handling. The upper and lower handguard have four Picatinny rails which can be used to accessorize the Centurion 39 with red dot sights, scopes, lights, lasers and a fore grip. Barrel: 16.5” with a 1:10 twist, Overall: 37.25”, Weight: 8.2 lbs. Comes with two U.S. made 30 rd. mags. Condition: New. Not available for sale in NJ, MA, CA, CT, HI or where prohibited by law.

As seen in NRA publications, American Rifleman: Century Arms Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle
    Century Arms Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle AK-47 7.62x39mm

Pretty pricey but looks like a heck of a nice rifle!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Century Arms Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle AK-47 7.62x39mm

Pretty pricey but looks like a heck of a nice rifle!
    Now I like that
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Rifles

IOI is the only manufacturer that comes close to your specs.
    Having sold several to customers, they are superior in fit and finish to all other AK's.
    Hey, thanks man. I knew I saw this before but I couldn't remember who made them. Also, I wanted to know what people thought about them etc. I'm probly gonna get one sometime around the end of June.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    when you do let me know, ill probably be up in that area again sometime around october or september, ill bring my AK and we can go shoot
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Krebs Customs, Not 100% American but probably the best AK I've ever laid my hands on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links