Beretta PX4sc slide came off while shooting - Page 2

Beretta PX4sc slide came off while shooting

This is a discussion on Beretta PX4sc slide came off while shooting within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN Ok, now I believe your story. You really are being negligent in not posting it on the Beretta Forum, however. If ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Beretta PX4sc slide came off while shooting

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Ok, now I believe your story.

You really are being negligent in not posting it on the Beretta Forum, however. If you really wanted to get the word out to Beretta PX4 Subcompact owners, that is the place for you to post this info.

So that part of my earlier remarks still stand, but I naturally take back all of my earlier scepticism about the story itself.

Lance - If there really is an issue, as there appears to be by the comments from the OP an the comments from Tukphard - also a rst poster they are not being neglignet in not getting the word out on the Beretta forum. The burden for this, and the related liability should an injury occur, lies with Beretta. I would think a recall would be in order for the batch of guns with the offending parts. Thatis something that the OP simply cannot do.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Thanks patriotjed for your thread...and the update.
    Good info.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Lance - If there really is an issue, as there appears to be by the comments from the OP an the comments from Tukphard - also a rst poster they are not being neglignet in not getting the word out on the Beretta forum. The burden for this, and the related liability should an injury occur, lies with Beretta. I would think a recall would be in order for the batch of guns with the offending parts. Thatis something that the OP simply cannot do.

I was making a legitimate point. The OP said that his specific reason for sharing this story was to get word out about this issue. However, it is no more difficult to join BerettaForum.net than it is to join here. The create account form is no more lengthy or involved to fill out than the one here.

I actually see the PX4 SC rarely talked about here. In contrast, the gun is widely discussed on BerettaForum.net There is a lot more information about the PX4 SC available on that website than there is here. But that is to be expected. Everyone using that website is a Beretta owner.

You are correct that he has no obligation at all to share the info there, just as he had no obligation to post the story here either. It is not his responsibility to get the word out. Heck, it was not even his gun that had the problem.

I was simply looking at the issue from a logical standpoint: Since his stated goal WAS to get word out about about this defect, then it would simply make sense to share the info on the website that would best accomplish that goal.

If he never stated that he had such a goal, and that he simply wanted to relate the story to us here, then I would never have made any note about it making sense to also post the story on Berettaforum.net.

I actually had a RIA compact 1911 that came out of my holster at about 3 feet high and dropped straight down on the muzzle tiled concrete bathroom floor,all safeties were engaged,but the impact was hard enough and or primer soft enough that the inertia fired the gun probably a 1 in a million chance,I was basically called a liar on the 1911 forum and it wasn't possible to happen the way I described it.I put the word out as a warning,I replaced the firing pin spring with a Wolff Xtra strong spring to prevent any possible repeat.
    I'm glad the OP's friend had it happen at the range,and not when he needed it for SD.If I was a PX4 owner I would be looking at my takedown pin really close
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I bought my girl a PX4c and I don't troll the Barretta forum...so I am thankful to the original poster for this information. I will be sure to look into it more now. (intent of the post I am sure)

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tukphard View Post
    I had a similar issue today when shooting my .40 PX4 SC today for the 1st time. after a few (3 maybe 4) shots the take down pin slipped out just a bit (enough that the next time I squeezed the trigger it would not fire) I would push in on it to feel it click into place and it would be fine for the rest of the mag. I am calling Beretta 1st thing Monday hopefully its a quick and painless process.
    Hello everyone!! I bought a Beretta PX4 Storm 9MM SC on 5/11/2011. From the start I had problems with the take down pin. I could never hear nor feel the second click after turning it 90degress
    as per take down instructions but I managed to take it down and clean it.

Yesterday on 7/8/2011 the gun came apart on the range after firing it. The take down pin came out. I called Beretta and of course they never heard of this problem but they gave me
    the address to send it: MidWest Gun Works in Missouri. I Fed Ex it to them yesterday.

The take down pin could be put in and out of the handgun in the fire position. If I would lock it back the pin would fall out.

This was my carry gun for a month. I was sick to my stomach when this happened.

This was my first Beretta and I trusted the name but now I think this model gun has a defect in that take down pin. Hopefully they do not
    give me any problems with the fix.

I am calling Beretta's Corp Office Monday morning for I feel that this is an ongoing problem that Beretta is and has been ignoring. If and when the gun
    comes back fixed should I trust this gun as my carry gun? What would you do?

Chuck

May have been my fault

I am waiting till I receive a call back from the repair center. I am thinking the problem may have been my fault.

Hope they fix it. I really like the gun and the company.

Having the same issue

DSC02075.jpgDSC02072.jpgDSC02070.jpgDSC02066.jpgDSC02064.jpg

So I'm having the same issue with my PX4 Subcompact. There is an issue with the take down pin on the subcompact, I have a full size px4 and the takedown pin is spring mounted and does not pull out, you push in and pull down. Unfortunately on the subcompact it rotates down, you pull out and then you listen for the second click (visually you can see it's close to being out). I had several hundred rounds through mine and had cleaned it twice, but the next time I went to clean it, the take down pin came completely off. I attempted to reinstall the pin and it did go in but had no tension to hold it in, so it would come out without rotating it. I noticed the additional metal "clip" inside the gun which came out. I thought it might be some type of retainer clip to keep the take down pin from coming out, but the side that is strait is jagged at the end and appears to have sheared off, so now I think it was some type of spring action that rested against the take down pin. Either way I'm going to contact Beretta and see what I need to do to get it repaired.

Very disappointing I really like the feel of the subcompact and the way it shoots, the take down mechanism on the full size is nice and doesn't add any additional size that I can see so I'm not sure why they didn't use that same design for the subcompact.

I also had the same issue that others had with the gun shooting low left, the rear site was off and need to be adjusted. You have to cover the target with the sight dots to get the elevation correct instead of sighting in at 6 o'clock of the target.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I was simply looking at the issue from a logical standpoint: Since his stated goal WAS to get word out about about this defect, then it would simply make sense to share the info on the website that would best accomplish that goal.

If he never stated that he had such a goal, and that he simply wanted to relate the story to us here, then I would never have made any note about it making sense to also post the story on Berettaforum.net.
    I have a Beretta PX4-SC, and would have never heard about it if he had not posted it here. I am not on the Beretta forum, and don't ever plan to be.

I went on the KAHR site to post about issues with the barrels..... and you instantly get blasted by the "forum experts" that want to challenge every sentence, and even tell me how I was wrong... on what KAHR said.., and on and on and on. I don't visit Mfgr/ Brand related forums, too many "experts" who don't know their rear end from peanut butter, but think they do. Some of them do a lot of damage..... defending their brand to the death .... and trying to explain away issues THAT DO EXIST, just because they don't want anyone saying anything negative about their favorite whatever.

On the Kahr forum, he got what he asked for ... which was also more than he could apparently handle. I think his "expert" rating dropped a few significant levels.

So my attitude personally is, I won't go on those forums, and will post in a forum like this one... as you said, it's not my responsibility to tell them squat.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Same issue here....took my NIB px4 subcompact 9mm out today and while firing the takedown pin dropped down and wont stay locked....my slide most likely would have came off if i didnt catch the issue....my fullsize .40 has been flawless

Glad this old thread popped up or else I probably wouldn't of known anything about this issue. I don't really frequent any other firearm related forum except for this one. I own a PX4sc in .40 and haven't had any problems at all so far but will definitely be taking a closer look at it in the morning.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

anyone heard of this with a post count in the double digits? I find it totally wierd that all of the sudden this crops up with several new forum members whose post count is litterally 1 or 2, although I wouldn't actually acuse anyone of trolling...just really wierd.

No troll here....this was just one of the sites that came up during my search....

Heres a vid i posted on the beretta forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebk9...4&feature=plcp

OK welcome! :)

Re: Beretta PX4sc slide came off while shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    anyone heard of this with a post count in the double digits? I find it totally wierd that all of the sudden this crops up with several new forum members whose post count is litterally 1 or 2, although I wouldn't actually acuse anyone of trolling...just really wierd.
    I second that. Now was there ever any resolution on this?

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links