Finally decided on a 22LR....

This is a discussion on Finally decided on a 22LR.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After trying to decide on a 22LR....I went with the Buckmark. It has a 4" threaded barrel and I plan on getting a can for ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By buckeye .45

Thread: Finally decided on a 22LR....

After trying to decide on a 22LR....I went with the Buckmark.

It has a 4" threaded barrel and I plan on getting a can for it, of course after the ATF gets the paper work and about 4 months later, I am able to pick it up. I put 200 rds through it and am impressed.

BTW...I changed the trigger to a 2.5 lb pull....you can do this yourself and it does make a difference.

Here is how to do the trigger mod on the Buckmark. However, instead of using the allen wrench....it is easier to dissemble the gun using a proper size allen head in a replacable head screw driver....it takes less time and is easy to get to the screws.

YouTube - EXCLUSIVE!!! Browning Buckmark Trigger Mod
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!! My pop has one and I love it...... Great gun loads of fun and a true shooter!

Might have to look at the Buckmarks when my S&W 22A gets shot out,probably have around 20,000 rounds thru it now
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Great choice. I do not particular care for the front sight because it looks fragile, but Im sure its a shooter.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Everyone should have a .22 pistol of some sort, it is a great way to stay fresh on the basics of marksmanship, without spending an arm and leg to shoot. Enjoy your plinker.
    RockStrongo and Kerby like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    very nice purchase!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Everyone should have a .22 pistol of some sort, it is a great way to stay fresh on the basics of marksmanship, without spending an arm and leg to shoot. Enjoy your plinker.
    I think a good 22 is key to being able to enjoy our sport (unless you are rich)

Administrator
    Nice choice. Enjoy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Might have to look at the Buckmarks when my S&W 22A gets shot out,probably have around 20,000 rounds thru it now
    Well you have a way to go.. I had double that when I sold mine to a friend for his kids to practice with..and they have put a ton more thru it..

I have a buckmark camper and its a fun gun. Pretty darn accurate too!!
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Can you wear a S&W out?? Surely, you will be tarred and feathered for even suggesting such a thing here!

Looking at making the 22A my next and last-for-a-while plinker. It will also be my first Smith.

Sponsored Links