Well this one is very intriguing!!

This is a discussion on Well this one is very intriguing!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty I didn't have to shoot him I pulled my Rhino and it is so ugly he barfed on hissalf Ha ha. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Well this one is very intriguing!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I didn't have to shoot him I pulled my Rhino and it is so ugly he barfed on hissalf
    Ha ha. Funny stuff. Whatever is effective. If that happens is is still self defense?
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

2. Remove Ads

Six shots of .357 with no muzzle flip out of a 2" snub...they have my attention, ugly or not.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    I don't think they're ugly at all. Very Bladerunner-ish. The lower position of the barrel is supposed to push the recoil much lower in the palm, making it a better design for a revolver. The squared sides of the cylinder make for easier carry. Now the price...
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I wouldn't mind a pet rhino.

Fellow at the range pulled one out the other day, and let me examine and shoot it.

Interesting concept, no doubt about it. But in practical terms, it is nothing more than a curiousity; something for the guy who feels the need to be different.

It is heavy and bulky. IMO, one could conceal a full-size 1911 easier. The action borders on the bizarre; when you thumb-cock it, the hammer RETURNS TO REST POSITION. ????? Trigger pull is okay. There is definitely less muzzle flip, but certainly NOT less felt recoil.

I suppose it all depends on what you want it to do. Home defense? Sure. Unusual range toy? You bet. Serious carry piece? It would suffice, but there are any number of more practical choices.

But for those who feel the need to have the oddity on the line/at the club house... this thing is right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Fellow at the range pulled one out the other day, and let me examine and shoot it.

Interesting concept, no doubt about it. But in practical terms, it is nothing more than a curiousity; something for the guy who feels the need to be different.

It is heavy and bulky. IMO, one could conceal a full-size 1911 easier. The action borders on the bizarre; when you thumb-cock it, the hammer RETURNS TO REST POSITION. ????? Trigger pull is okay. There is definitely less muzzle flip, but certainly NOT less felt recoil.

I suppose it all depends on what you want it to do. Home defense? Sure. Unusual range toy? You bet. Serious carry piece? It would suffice, but there are any number of more practical choices.

But for those who feel the need to have the oddity on the line/at the club house... this thing is right up your alley.

I am not 100% sure, but the thing you cock back is not the true hammer, but some sort of bar that leads to the internal hammer lower in the gun. A red pop up indicator shows if it is ready to shoot in SA. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    I am not 100% sure, but the thing you cock back is not the true hammer, but some sort of bar that leads to the internal hammer lower in the gun.
    That would make sense. But I didn't notice any indicator, red or otherwise. At any rate, it is a really weird piece.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links