Optics question

Optics question

This is a discussion on Optics question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm fairly new to the world of optics as I am fairly new to the world of rifles. I was hoping someone could answer a ...

Thread: Optics question

Optics question

I'm fairly new to the world of optics as I am fairly new to the world of rifles. I was hoping someone could answer a quick question. This isn't so much about the exact optics I am going to link, but more a question of "style" of optic.

Bushnell 1x25 Trophy Series TRS-25 Red Dot Scope w/ Battery 731303 FREE S&H 731303. Bushnell Trophy Red Dot Sights, Bushnell Red Dot Sights.

Bushnell Trophy 1x32 Riflescope Matte T Dot 730132P 1x32mm 730132P-DEMO

Both optics have a 3 MOA dot. The first one is significantly less bulky and heavy then the second. Is there a advantage to the more "scope" style of the 2nd one?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Well, neither magnify so the field of vision will be more thru the larger tube. However, you can keep both eyes open so there is not much of a penalty to the smaller tube.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

What is your intended purpose?

I would say the only reason the second one is built and looks the way it does, is it is trying to mimic a Trijicon ACOG.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links