I got an AR15 Bump stock

This is a discussion on I got an AR15 Bump stock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have the ability to shoot several FA guns including an M16 every week,but the Bump stock grabbed my attention and I decided to bite ...

Thread: I got an AR15 Bump stock

I got an AR15 Bump stock

I have the ability to shoot several FA guns including an M16 every week,but the Bump stock grabbed my attention and I decided to bite the bullet.The submittal letter to the ATF states that the stock was designed so that people who could not normally pull the trigger due to a disability could use the device to move the rifle forward against the trigger finger,since there are no springs or gadgets other than allowing the stock to move about 3/4" the ATF said that it did not fall into any regulated NFA area and okayed it.It takes about 5minutes to install it and then it's ready to play
    It does take a little time to get used to the pull push method,but within 2 mags I was ripping off 6-8 round controlled bursts COM into a target at 10 yards.With a little practice you can get very good at shooting it.I put about 200 rounds downrange,and the barrel on my carbine was the hottest it's ever been.Gonna reload some cases tonight and test it some more tomorrow.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

They definitely look pretty cool, but I think I would have to run my reloading press almost as hot as the ar-15 barrel to keep feeding it ammo!
    Which one did you get?

Sounds pretty cool. So far I just don't have the need for suppressive fire due to the cost of ammo. But that doesn't mean curiosity won't get the best of me one day. I do have other accessories I would like to get for the AR before I go with the Bump Stock.

Thanks for the quick report. It does sound interesting.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I got a lefty,due to partial paralysis of my right hand had to change to lefty 8 years ago,one thing that will probably cause it to run smoother is a lighter trigger pull,like a 3 # match trigger.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

i would have 1 if it would cycle on a 22 conversion :(

Yeah I am torn on getting one. The funny thing is, two of the major gun stores in my area have decided on their own to only sell them to LEO or Military.

I ordered from "Military Gun Supply" in Tx ,free shipping,but I had to pay sales tax here.I just switched it over to a RRA lower with a 2 stage trigger,It should fire smoother,and I will taky my ciener 22 lr conversion to see if it will run with the new setup.

I got one last week and immediately took it out to try. It was easy to shoot and control. It was also A LOT OF FUN!!!!!.....

Currently it is on my SBR 9mm but I want to try it on the AAC 5.7 with a suppressor. I don't know if there is enough recoil to operate it, but suspect it will.
    Glock, Colt, S&W,Beretta,ParaOrdnance
    Springfields, Browning, Keltec... to name a few.

TSRA, NRA, IDPA, IPSC, USPSA
    NRA Certified RSO and Instructor
    Certified CHL Instructor in Texas and Lousisiana

Post Question BUMP STOCK

I was going to purchase a SIGSAUR M400...anyone know, for certain, if it can be modified for a bump stock?
    Thanks
    John

I bought the Slide Fire version for an M4 carbine when it first came out. How cool!!! Can sure burn up a lot of ammo in a hurry, but with practice, can get nice three round bursts, reliably and repetitively. Love it. It's expensive, but fun.

Links