Range Report AR15 "Bump" Stock 22 lr conversion

This is a discussion on Range Report AR15 "Bump" Stock 22 lr conversion within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think I just answered a really important question on some peoples minds,Rifle was a RRA w/2 stage trigger Ciener 22 coversion kit,Ammo was Remington ...

Thread: Range Report AR15 "Bump" Stock 22 lr conversion

I think I just answered a really important question on some peoples minds,Rifle was a RRA w/2 stage trigger Ciener 22 coversion kit,Ammo was Remington "Yellow Jacket" 22 LR.
    A lot of people want to know if this stock will work with 22,and the answer is yes.I loaded up 26 round mags from black dog,when inserting your finger in the trigger guard until it rests on the other side its important to keep it bent at the middle knuckle,and it has a lot to do with "timing" If you contact the trigger before the bolt is fully closed it will allow the hammer to ride the bolt forward resulting in no bang and requiring you to chamber a new round,this is true for both 223 and 22 LR,a little practice and you can make the gun do whatever you want.The forward force on the forearm needs to be just enough to allow the gun to recoil back and reset the trigger.I was able to fire a 26 round mag in 2 bursts,and could have done it in one but wanted to check the stop and start.I plan to test it with federal 550 bulk box 22 LR within the next day or two.Any Questions you want to ask just PM me and I'll answer the best I can
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I tried the Ciener conversion with Federal bulk 22 LR it sukd,I was able to get some strings of 4-6 round bursts,but I had a lot of FTFire,The difference in the forward pressue to send the trigger forward and the recoil generated by the fired 22 round sometimes isn't enough to take finger pressure off the trigger and allows the hammer to ride the bolt forward which results in no bang and you have to extract and chamber another round thus cocking the hammer.I will try some viper 22 tonight,if they work will shoot video.
    PS I use this same ammo in an M16 FA lower with a ciener conversion upper and it runs 100%
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links