Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot 2011 (Pic Heavy) - Page 2

Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot 2011 (Pic Heavy)

This is a discussion on Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot 2011 (Pic Heavy) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After watching that you sort of took some of the thrill out of my range time! BANG.....BANG.....BANG.....BANG and you get to go BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAANG!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot 2011 (Pic Heavy)

After watching that you sort of took some of the thrill out of my range time! BANG.....BANG.....BANG.....BANG

and you get to go BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAANG!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Super.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    side note: i'm still wondering about why there was alot of Nazi related items (not just the collectable items) but tshirts with SS bolts, large flags with swastikas and a ted kaczynski looking dude in full head to toe WW2 Wermact officer's class A uniform. seems kinda sickening considering the large amount of wounded veterans who lost so much to give these idiots the right to parade around in a uniform and have paraphenlia that has risen from pure hatred and evil.....Sorry about straying off the beaten path but I just had to get that off my chest. My wife's grandfather was one of the fortunate who made it up Omaha Beach alive to combat this evil, and now its sold as if any other item! END RANT
    I was thinking the same thing when I walked through the show and saw that crap. I don't get it??

It's almost surreal,IIRC to shoot your gun there you have to apply in advance.At todays ammo prices,you gotta have some serious disposable cash to feed some of those guns.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

MY GOD! The HORROR! THE CARNAGE!

HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE KILLED??????

(wish I had been there)

You guys have no idea... what is cool is the smoke gets so thick from the gun fire they have to shut down the range periodically for the air to clear so you can see the targets....

"The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

I'd love to go to an event like that someday. That's one of the ways I would splurge if I had won the lottery.

My nephew and I spent all day Saturday there at Knob Creek. We spent the morning walking around looking at all of the exhibitors booths and bought a few things (I got a few AK mags and a Fenix PD20 light) while my nephew got a couple of 1911 mags and a mag holster for them. How fortunate are we for living in the great state of Kentucky where I have the opportunity to go to an event like that twice a year! Did you stay for the night shoot? That is really when the fun starts when those tracers come out of those .50s and Mini Guns!!

Chris (my nephew) and I also discussed how much Nazi crap was there at the gun show booths. I can understand some of it if you are a collector of WWII material, but I wager very few if any items were authentic. I just do not understand the fascination with the Nazis!

The attendance was awesome. I don't go to Knob Creek every year, but I have been going since the early 90's off and on and everytime I go, it is bigger and better than the time before!!
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

First thing....READY ON THE LEFT, READY ON THE RIGHT......LETS ROCK!!!!!

Was this your first time? I have been going since 2004. It is a very awesome day. We make a whole weekend of it. Go down Thurs night then go to the USCav sale on friday and spend part of Friday and all day on Saturday there. If you haventbeen to the night shoot, you really owe it to yourself to go at least once.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

It was my first time, and definitley will not be my last
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

We might have have a DC meet at the one next spring.

That Nazi crap really gets on my nerves. I had words with one of them who was acting stupid. I ask him if he was an American or a loser wannabe. He didnt have much to say after that, think he knew he was close to gettin the back of my hand. Of course, I want to be peaceful, but there is something wrong with some of those people, like an identy crisis or something.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

ONLY 7 HOURS???????? You did stay for both night shoots didn't you??

I rolled in with the truck & slid-in camper at noon on Thursday and didn't leave until 3:00 PM on Sunday; what other campground can you eat lunch to the sound of machine-gun fire, explosions and an armed Huey landing while a "mule" mounting an M-60 drives by. Let's just say the camper left some what heavier than it arrived

Distinguished Member
    Uff dah. Range was hot - yeah buddy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links