Does anybody have any experience with a Skorpion vz 61?

This is a discussion on Does anybody have any experience with a Skorpion vz 61? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey I was recently looking through a firearms catalog and I came across the Skorpion vz 61 (semi-auto). It's chambered for the .32 acp and ...

Hey I was recently looking through a firearms catalog and I came across the Skorpion vz 61 (semi-auto). It's chambered for the .32 acp and it looks like a pretty decent gun. The one I saw was just over $400 and it came with 1 10rd mag and 2 20rd mags and it even came with a fitted case. I was hoping someone on here has fired this before or maybe even owned one. I was just curious as to how easy it is to maintain, how reliable it is, what common problems if any there are with this gun etc. I'm not planning on carrying this or anything (obviously) but it looks like it'd be fun to shoot and just to have. Thanks for any information you may have.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Just fired one and it was interesting. Not much use as a pistol but making one an SBR has moved up in priority on my fun gun list.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I would love to own one of the original fully automatic ones. However as far as I know there aren't any transferable ones out there and they would cost a small fortune.
    I always thought they where neat little guns.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    their fun to shoot, at that price i would go for it
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Administrator
    "and it came with 1 10rd mag and 2 20rd mags and it even came with a fitted case."

Were you aware of the fact that there is also a drum magazine available for it?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Were you aware of the fact that there is also a drum magazine available for it?
    No i actually was not. I never looked into accessories for them. That would be pretty cool though!
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Links