Century Arms Bearcat Rifle

This is a discussion on Century Arms Bearcat Rifle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My grandfather has one of these that he dug out of the closet to show me. I was trying to get some information for him. ...

Thread: Century Arms Bearcat Rifle

Century Arms Bearcat Rifle

My grandfather has one of these that he dug out of the closet to show me. I was trying to get some information for him. Does anyone know how old these are? Also, any background on them. Are they worth much?

2011-04-10_17-43-29_423.jpg2011-04-10_17-44-03_632.jpg2011-04-10_17-43-41_23.jpg

It was a little disappointing to see the white paint on it, but what can you do.

He was showing me how his father used to hold it to hunt. Rabbit was a staple meal to help feed such a large family. Apparently, he shot left handed even though he was right handed. Now, his dad had lost his arm in the first World War. I'm sure he shot better with one arm, than I ever will be with two. I never met the guy, but he sounds like he was quite a fellow. Don't meet people like that everyday. There is a type of character that seems to be lost in a lot of my generation, and I'm not much better. Glad to have those examples at least. Also, finally figured out to listen to those older than me (they usually know what they are talking about).

Anyhow, enough of that rambling. Who knows something about these? I need some info.

2. Remove Ads

Could have been made by Centry Arms of St. Lewis or by Mossberg. You may want to check with the forums on line for their products.
    I don't know much about them, and have never seen one.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

I didn't realize that Century Arms has been around that long.

Links