I just purchased a Remington 700 from a gun show. It looked great there I thought that the bore looked clean bolt had hardly any slop not beat up at all.
I got it home and I took the bolt out and held the receiver to some good light, I looked down the barrel the rifling is barely visible do to copper fouling.
I ran a brush though it with some solvent, a least a hundred times, still not good. :aargh4:
Anybody have to deal with this? What to do?
Are you using a generic cleaning solvent, or one purpose made as a copper solvent?
Try one of the foaming cleaners. Squirt it down the bore and let it dissolve and drain out. I use Gunslicks brand a lot but there are other brands.
Shooters choice copper solvent = Done!
I was using Bench Rest 9 Copper Solvent and then KG-12 But this thing is so fould up, I think that im going to have it electronicaly cleaned.