Help please

Help please

This is a discussion on Help please within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just purchased a Remington 700 from a gun show. It looked great there I thought that the bore looked clean bolt had hardly any ...

Thread: Help please

Help please

I just purchased a Remington 700 from a gun show. It looked great there I thought that the bore looked clean bolt had hardly any slop not beat up at all.

I got it home and I took the bolt out and held the receiver to some good light, I looked down the barrel the rifling is barely visible do to copper fouling.

I ran a brush though it with some solvent, a least a hundred times, still not good.

Anybody have to deal with this? What to do?

Are you using a generic cleaning solvent, or one purpose made as a copper solvent?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Try one of the foaming cleaners. Squirt it down the bore and let it dissolve and drain out. I use Gunslicks brand a lot but there are other brands.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

VIP Member
    Shooters choice copper solvent = Done!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I was using Bench Rest 9 Copper Solvent and then KG-12 But this thing is so fould up, I think that im going to have it electronicaly cleaned.

Links