Has anyone had an M&P since they came out? How'd it hold up?

This is a discussion on Has anyone had an M&P since they came out? How'd it hold up? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've got an M&P40, had it couple months and I love it. Is there anybody that got one when they first came out (around '05) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had an M&P since they came out? How'd it hold up?

Has anyone had an M&P since they came out? How'd it hold up?

I've got an M&P40, had it couple months and I love it. Is there anybody that got one when they first came out (around '05) that still has and uses it? Thousands of rounds later have you had to have it serviced or does it keep on going like it's supposed to? I guess I'd like to know if after years of service is it still giving the Glocks a run for their money?

Note to the Glock cult: I also own a Glock and It's great, this isn't another M&P vs Glock thing

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    I've got an M&P40, had it couple months and I love it. Is there anybody that got one when they first came out (around '05) that still has and uses it? Thousands of rounds later have you had to have it serviced or does it keep on going like it's supposed to? I guess I'd like to know if after years of service is it still giving the Glocks a run for their money?

Note to the Glock cult: I also own a Glock and It's great, this isn't another M&P vs Glock thing
    I sold my M&P 40c after the striker assembly broke. That's my only experience. I am not saying that is the norm, just that it's my personal experience.

Edit - Almost forgot - I also had a 45c which was a great gun.
    Last edited by Rollo; April 11th, 2011 at 12:31 PM.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Had a M&P 9c and 45c for several years with no problems
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

9FS since 2006 and 9c since 2007.
    No major problems,still have both with MANY thousands of rounds through each.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

2nd most used pistol (after Glock) at the 2010 IDPA National Championships Match. 56 total were used. A pretty solid endorsement I think.

http://www.idpa.com/tj.asp?ID=290

I have an '07 M&P 40 that has never failed to make boom when asked. But my son is a Texas Lawman whose agency adopted the M&P 40 in '06 and carried until '10. He shoots the required range qualifications plus with the family and teaches firearms at their academy . No hick-ups and no major problems with the 250+ LEOs in the system. They have recently moved to Glock 22's and he says it is fine, but would chose the S&W first. You shoots what the bosses issue you.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    45fs since 2006. EDC. Fixed a horrible 13# trigger and good to go.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I sold my M&P 40c after the striker assembly broke. That's my only experience. I am not saying that is the norm, just that it's my personal experience.

Edit - Almost forgot - I also had a 45c which was a great gun.
    I think that was the main problem with the 1st runs with the M&Ps
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member
    My issued duty weapon is an M&P40 and was on the range for the first time with it yesterday. Shoots nice, good ergonomics, all around nice gun, don't see how you could go wrong with one.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    I have three of them and they are boring reliable. Not a hiccup.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have a M&P .40 but to be honest haven't shot it enough to even have it broke in yet.

.357 sig compact with over 2500 and a new full size .45 with 800 rounds through it. both are flawless, except for having to dap the front sight with white paint on occasion.

A friend has been shooting one in IDPA since they came out. No major issues, no failures--I'm impressed, and that's saying something. I am NOT a fan of S&W autos.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

I've got a 9fs,9c,45fs and had a 45c (will get another). They have all been great with no issues -other than they like to use up a a lot of ammo at the range.

I have had my M&P357Sig/40S&W for approximately two years now and have had not one hiccup shooting either caliber. The gun was originally purchased as a 357Sig but I also purchased a 40S&W barrel so I could shoot both calibers with one handgun. No complaints at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links