Well that was not a good idea .....

This is a discussion on Well that was not a good idea ..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I love Gunzilla, it works great. And the little bottles that come with the eye-dropper built into the cap are great - you just unscrew ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By jaredpotts
  • 6 Post By QKShooter
  • 2 Post By INccwchris

Thread: Well that was not a good idea .....

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar

Well that was not a good idea .....

I love Gunzilla, it works great. And the little bottles that come with the eye-dropper built into the cap are great - you just unscrew it to open it up, and you have a built in dropper.

So I was cleaning away the other night, cleaning a H&R Arms Sportsman 999 .22 revolover, and dropping a few bits of Gunzilla here and there, when I took the cap off so I could dip my brush into the cleaning solution to dampen the brush.

After a few minutes of brusing and wiping, I saw a spot where I wanted to put a drop of Gunzilla, picked up the bottle, turned it over to squeeze out a drop .... and realized I'd not replaced the cap. Splashed Gunzilla all over the workbench and the gun.

Just not smart.

At least I did something that careless with cleaning solution, and not with a round in the chamber.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

2. Remove Ads

That's a mistake you can live with. At least there are no hazardous chemicals in it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Well, at least no big consequences except money. Spilling even a drop of those expensive gun oils is like spilling liquid gold. I'm extremely careful with my WeaponShield. I spilled a drop the other day, and I'm pretty sure I only saw dollar signs get thrown away.

And you felt this post worthy why? I spilled a pepsi last night should I start a thread on that? What about the fact I pooped twice this morning?
    Harryball likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredpotts View Post
    And you felt this post worthy why? I spilled a pepsi last night should I start a thread on that? What about the fact I pooped twice this morning?
    Wow, calm down Jared. You took the time to respond to it so what's your deal?

I too have had an accidental spill of Hoppes which half of the bottle landed on the carpet, the other half on my dog. He stunk for a while but carried on.

Administrator

Rule #2 Forum Rules Page.

2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited.
    You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed.
    If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.

Sponsor
    I, for one am glad to hear about others doing the same kind of dumb stuff that I have become notorious for! Chill Jared!
    They say the second thing to go is your memory...I forget what goes first.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Distinguished Member
    I like hearing about oppsies as it helps to not do it someday.

My favorite trick is to shake the orange juice without the top on tight.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I like hearing about oppsies as it helps to not do it someday.

My favorite trick is to shake the orange juice without the top on tight.
    That reminds me of something I did once. Usually I like to invert the OJ bottle/container before I start shaking it... it brings everything on the bottom up, and vice versa, and I'll keep shaking it by inverting it.

Someone once said "what happens if the cap isn't on tight?" And sure enough, a few days later, the cap wasn't on tight and...

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    rammerjammer, your dog may have stunk but i bet he could get in and out of the doggie door alot easier
    surefire7 and jwhite75 like this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

The bottle of Gunzilla I bought has the spray nozzle on it. When I need a drop here or there, I unscrew the nozzle and use the little tube that goes down into the bottle as a dropper. Works great. I used to use grease on my rails, but now I clean, dry, and put a small drop of GZ on my rails and let it run down the length of them. Remove any excess and reassemble. Seems to work great. I've noticed since I started using Gunzilla that my semi-autos seem to run smoother. It repels lint too, which is really nice on my S&W 442 that I pocket carry often. I've also noticed that my stainless steel SP101 is a lot easier to clean now that I've been using Gunzilla on it a while. The black around the forcing cone and on the front of the cylinder was almost impossible to remove before...now, it comes off pretty easy. Good stuff for sure!!!

PS. Thank you to the Mods. The civility of this forum is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Bug; Does the sprayer work okay for you? Mine hangs then sprays a large gob. I finally discovered on of those eyeglass spray bottles that spray a mist. It works really well for Gunzilla. Also have a Visine bottle for large drops and a used Weaponshield needle applicator for finer drops.

PS: Ditto to the mods!

My wife makes the best soup you will ever taste!!!! well, except for the pot she made a few weeks ago. Seems the lid on the pepper shaker decided it was time to come off just as she was putting in that little dash of pepper.................................... we only had sandwiches that evening.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    At least I did something that careless with cleaning solution, and not with a round in the chamber.
    I agree, a mistake with a cleaning solution is FAR better than a mistake with a round in the chamber.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Just be glad you didn't spill it in the den like I did once! And yes it was on carpet........:(

Links