Building the Collection

Building the Collection

This is a discussion on Building the Collection within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Picked up a new Sig P238/380/USMC Limited Edition three weeks ago and yesterday got a new Sig P239/.40/Dual Tone/SAS/Gen 2. Have been looking for these ...

Building the Collection

Picked up a new Sig P238/380/USMC Limited Edition three weeks ago and yesterday got a new Sig P239/.40/Dual Tone/SAS/Gen 2.

Have been looking for these for months, and found the P238 at the Fredericksburg, VA gun show last month. Went to the "Nations Gun Show" in Chantilly, VA Friday and yesterday. Could not find a single P239, or any other P238 USMC Limited Editions, as described above, at either show after looking a literally 1000's of pistols.

I'm either buying guns that are not readily available locally, or ones that nobody wants. Only time will tell.

Next on the list is a Ruger Blackhawk/.22/Revolver/Lipsey Exclusive that I have found locally, but still looking for options. (Everyone needs a good "plinkin gun)

Any thoughts or comments based on experience on these selections would be welcome. And yes, I am familiar with the lengthy threads on the FTF & FTE issues some have experienced with the P238, but hell it's a USMC edition so what are the odds it's bad.

Thanks for any input.

Bob
    USMC Retired ----- Not as lean - Not as mean - Still a Marine!!!!! Semper Fi

“Man... hath by nature a power
    .... to preserve his property - that is, his life, liberty, and estate - against the injuries and attempts of other men.”
    John Locke quote

I'm thinking the "Limited Edition" part may be hindering your search more than anything. And as to your last part, I can get a USMC tat, but that'll never make me "one of the few" right?
    I'll always be ex-army. I'm surprised to hear of a Sig model having issues as Sig owners seem so darned proud of them.
    I hope you find what you're looking for, sometimes the looking is half the fun.

I found this on gunbroker.com: Sig P238 Semper Fi Bulldog USMC 380 pistol : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
    I don't know what your budget is, but perhaps you can find something there and have it shipped to your local FFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    I found this on gunbroker.com: Sig P238 Semper Fi Bulldog USMC 380 pistol : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
    I don't know what your budget is, but perhaps you can find something there and have it shipped to your local FFL.
    Thanks Lewis, but as I said in my post, I picked one up last month. (not cheap).

Thanks again for looking though.

Bob
    USMC Retired ----- Not as lean - Not as mean - Still a Marine!!!!! Semper Fi

“Man... hath by nature a power
    .... to preserve his property - that is, his life, liberty, and estate - against the injuries and attempts of other men.”
    John Locke quote

Links