Question about FFL holders

This is a discussion on Question about FFL holders within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am about to order my first on line gun (from Bud's) and they have a list of preferred FFL holders in my area. I ...

Thread: Question about FFL holders

Question about FFL holders

I am about to order my first on line gun (from Bud's) and they have a list of preferred FFL holders in my area. I have read nothing but good about Bud's but how do you know your FFL holder is legit? Have a horror of sending my money to Bud's and they ship to the FFL holder then him saying he never got it. Is there a confirmation sent to Bud's from the FFL holder stating he received the gun?

Am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks for the advice

2. Remove Ads

When Bud's ships your gun you'll receive a tracking number to trace it with and they'll have a copy of the receiving shop's FFL on file or they won't ship the gun to them.
    Also, when you buy it off their web site you can purchase insurance that covers replacement of the gun should anything happen, like it "doesn't arrive" at your chosen FFL. It's very inexpensive, about $1 per $100 of purchase price.

So... you're over thinking this, if you don't trust your FFL of choice then pick a different one. I've never heard of any trouble with guns from Bud's reaching their destination and being delivered to the purchasers.

FFL holders have to follow VERY strict inventory regulations. If he holds an FFL he's pretty much legit or he's losing his license. Just make sure you contact your local FFL holder first to make sure its ok to send the firearm to them. Then they know to expect it and can call you when it arrives.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccm View Post
    I am about to order my first on line gun (from Bud's) and they have a list of preferred FFL holders in my area. I have read nothing but good about Bud's but how do you know your FFL holder is legit? Have a horror of sending my money to Bud's and they ship to the FFL holder then him saying he never got it. Is there a confirmation sent to Bud's from the FFL holder stating he received the gun?
    Am I worrying about nothing?
    Thanks for the advice
    FYI - FFL dealers have to record any firearm they receive within 24 hours or
    answer to the ATF .

Don't worry about the FFL , worry about FedX - UPS

Make sure you pay BUDS to insure it and that they give you a tracking #
    when it ships.

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Senior Moderator
    Yeah...its nice to get a notice from someone but it dosent always happen. FFL holders all have different ways of doing things.

One way to check is to use the FFLeZCheck...its a website maintained by the ATF that has a list of all FFL holders.

Here ya go... https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck...archDisplay.do
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Like others have said, this is pretty much a non-issue because of the laws and regulations governing FFL's. Be sure the shipment is insured, and get in touch with the receiving FFL before you even order the gun, to confirm the fees they charge for the transfer and to let them know that your gun is coming.
    WhichGun.com, a firearms reference and buying guide.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate the advice.

I have done lots of Buds Guns transfers. Most of the people contact me before they order the gun but there have been a few that haven't. No problem there either. Buds sends contact information for the gun so I just call them and they come and pick it up. The tracking thing is great too as the customer can track it all the way to your store.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

I suggest that you visit a couple of the FFLs and talk to them. Nothing like a face to face to instill a little trust, and who knows you may just find a new friend.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccm View Post
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate the advice.
    Dude:

You yourself should research your local FFL near you, and be comfortable working with them. At the very least, give them a call, and discuss the transfer with them. If they have a store, then why not stop by, and meet them?

Bottom line, get to know your local FFL.

Links