Defensive Carry banner

Do You Need A Gas Pedal On Your 1911 ?

8K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
Or...Could you possibly use a machinist with way too much time on his hands?
Gee....:confused:& I don't think finding a holster would be too much of a problem.

I can't get this one posted directly so click the link.

#2 ·
Perhaps he could also add a 'cruise control' option so that your shots could be synchronized, too!:rolleyes:

#5 ·
Back when I was doing consulting and working on computer systems all over the world, I was careful to use a standard keyboard and mouse at my home and home office. When all of my other geek peers went for the latest gadgets, I stuck to a standard because I wanted to be at ease when working on my customer's expensive systems. When you're reaching for a keyboard at an awkward angle, sitting on top of a mainframe, it helps that your fingertips don't have to wander around for the home row.

The same logic applies to my firearms.

#11 ·
I didn't realize it was that difficult to handle a 1911. I had no problems with the one I fired the other day. And, my Taurus is .45ACP, and it's a breeze to fire repeatedly.

And, I use the "thumb-over-thumb" grip style. I don't understand why someone would need a special grip made for their pistol to make that work.

#14 ·
Yes, for purely target shooting, I can see it adding a bit of stability, as well as giving you a very easy way to ensure that your grip is exactly the same, every time. As we all know, consistency is the absolute key to precision shooting...

But for a duty/carry gun - nope. Bulky, juts out in exactly the place you don't want something jutting out, looks like a snagging nightmare in the making...

#16 ·
I'd buy it, if it came with a cup holder :hand5:

Reactions: RevolvingMag
#22 ·
Wait... you mean this wasn't an April Fools gag?

#23 ·
It is my understanding that the "gas pedal" safety was so you could rest your thumb on top of it to prevent your thumb from putting the pistol on safe while firering when you didn't want to. I have always locked my thumb down below the safety on 1911/P35 pistols and have never had this problem. Clint Smith will tell you otherwise---see his rant about this in one of the gun mags a month or so back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.