History Channel's Top Shot now Casting for Season 4!

This is a discussion on History Channel's Top Shot now Casting for Season 4! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Kerby Some one told me the host is a reality TV guy too (survivor I think) Yup. Colby is from Survivor (another ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: History Channel's Top Shot now Casting for Season 4!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    Some one told me the host is a reality TV guy too (survivor I think)
    Yup. Colby is from Survivor (another show I will not watch). Get R. Lee Ermy. At least he knows guns...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Yup. Colby is from Survivor (another show I will not watch). Get R. Lee Ermy. At least he knows guns...
    I Like Ermy; I like his show Male call I think it was. He is fun to watch and is a real gun guy military etc.... HE would be better. the Colby guy seems to me like he is trying to "act" and look tuff.. I think Ermy does not need to act at all he is kinda rough to say the least.

Without reading all of the responses here are my thoughts.

I like the show as a whole. Sure I could do without some of the drama and childish antics but they do add a little extra to make it more appealing to non gun nuts. Hell my wife actually got interested and then had to watch it with me, which is great.

I didn't like George and company's treatment of Jamie, but Jamie handled it well. Jay was a jerk to everyone but he had skills. Joe was a pretty good guy, he volunteered for elimination, but the gang saved his hide. Gunny seemed like he was having fun the whole time which was fun to watch, sucks he got beat by a compound bow and the 10-22. Ashley was decent for a while then he turned into George's little henchman. Chris was, as he put it, just a good ol' boy and was my favorite. George was cocky and mean, but damn funny to listen too. There at the end it was hard to dislike the guy.

I'm not crazy about the "popularity contest" or as they call it "voting" but it does make the show interesting. Lets face it, most people would lose interest if the 2 worst shooters went head to head every time. We all love a David versus Goliath scenario and it does make things interesting.

Colby apparently learned his hosting skills from the Survivor host, constantly yapping during the challenges. Someone mentioned R Lee Ermery for a host, while 99% of us would love that, Colby may have more appeal to a wider audience.

I like that the show is on a channel other than an "outdoor" channel, not knocking them but History channel is probably more accessible to more people.

I will continue to watch the show and therefore support the shooting sports proliferation into more Americans living rooms. I would love to see a celebrity edition, if they can find enough celebs to promote the shooting sports.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

R. Lee Ermy would be an awesome host, especially if he got to send the whiners to mamby pamby land for a time out.
    zeppelin03 likes this.

The show has potential.... just get rid of the BS Drama (which I think the producers tell the shooter to make).

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

It's a Mark Brunette show, the same guy that does Survivor.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

dustin mike and gary was the only good ones cliff was good but was only a pistol guy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links