Wanna Buy a Gun - On the Terrorist Watch List - NO PROBLEMO

This is a discussion on Wanna Buy a Gun - On the Terrorist Watch List - NO PROBLEMO within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MitchellCT If the government wants to stop people from availing themselves of a right, they can do so easily. File criminal charges, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Wanna Buy a Gun - On the Terrorist Watch List - NO PROBLEMO

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    If the government wants to stop people from availing themselves of a right, they can do so easily.

File criminal charges, then obtain a conviction.

Problem Solved.

If they are unwilling to do that, then I'm not interested in hearing excuses.

It's not called the Right to Keep and Bear Arms for nothing.
    BINGO!

2. Remove Ads

If you want to deny me my second amendment rights, charge me with a crime, put me in court, and try me with a fair trial... and convict me. Do not steal my rights without due process of law.

This is America - not China. Or? Seems it's getting more difficult to tell the difference.

lord hamster said:

"If the same idiots are running this list, I wouldn't worry too much about those folks who "slipped by".

Good point. Given the make-up and suspicious backgrounds of these people who likely made up the list, many of the folks flagged as "terrorists" might be patriotic Americans who go to church and believe in The Bill of Rights. Seriously. After all, isn't this the same government that doesn't seem very serious about securing the border or calling the threats to this nation by their rightful names?
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

Me thinks a firearm is not the weapon we need to worry about the terrorist obtaining, and probably just as important, keeping them out of the country in the first place.
    bmcgilvray and Hopyard like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

The Patriot Act, No Fly list, and the Terrorist Watch list.

More AMERICAN CITIZENS have been prosecuted, persecuted, and rights revoked under these than all other nationalities combined.

Huston...we have a problem.

The only difference here between Germany in the 1930's and us in the here and now is that there is no racial or religious flavor to it [yet].

Methinks there are too many three letter Govt. agencies with too much power and no oversight to keep them in check. We are starting to get our own versions of the KGB and Gestapo running amok inside our own borders.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    The Patriot Act, No Fly list, and the Terrorist Watch list.

More AMERICAN CITIZENS have been prosecuted, persecuted, and rights revoked under these than all other nationalities combined.

Huston...we have a problem.

The only difference here between Germany in the 1930's and us in the here and now is that there is no racial or religious flavor to it [yet].

Methinks there are too many three letter Govt. agencies with too much power and no oversight to keep them in check. We are starting to get our own versions of the KGB and Gestapo running amok inside our own borders.
    I think you are correct; however I see both racial and religious profiling and think the created fear of race and religion is the controlling factor, if you make people scared enough they will hand over thier rights... even here.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    VERY GOOD POINT!! It seems like a very good idea; however you can not trust the ones in charge to be smart enough to do thier job; unless we have 4 year old terrorist problem I somehow missed....
    You haven't heard?? There IS a 4 year old terrorist problem. Call themselves the '4-Ks'. Absolutely evil. They torture people by pinning them down by sheer numbers and shoving crayons up their noses. They tag the walls in every school/home they have access to.... Their crimes are too numerous to list them all, but they only get worse as you go down the list.
    Kerby likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I have yet to see any convictions reported based on the fact the BG bought a gun, was on a watch list, and LE tracked him and his buddies and found them doing bad things.

Lautenberg is a fool...and deserves to be on a watch list...
    Naufragia likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I think these politicians like Lautenberg say things like this, so when it comes time for re-election, he can say he's tough on terrorism.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    So, did you eventually get off? How do you fly now? Do you? Did you ever find out why you were on the list?
    It lasted for about one year. Which was a giant pain because I'm an IT consultant and during that year (2007) I was flying ALL the time. Basically, every time I wanted to fly, I could not get my boarding pass. Then the checkin staff would have to call some magical number (almost like an NCIS check). They would tell them my name, my date of birth, then all of a sudden I was cleared again.

No clue what that was all about. I have the most German sounding name in the world... very very common as well. Funny thing is while I was delayed from boarding a plane every single friggin' time, my gun buying checks and CCW permit all went through without a hitch.

Since about 2009, I've had no more problems. Logged over 200,000miles since then.

From the article "The watch list is secret and generated at the government's discretion. It is not a list of people convicted of terrorism crimes."

Orwell, 1984, Animal Farm - what other cliches come to mind???
    +1

This idiotic "terrorist watch list" is the kind of stuff that US politicians accuse dictators of doing.

Being put on a government watchlist is easy; just register and post on any internet forum where terms like "Second Amendment", "semiauto rifles", or "tight groups" are thrown around.

This....
    "One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence." --American historian Charles A. Beard (1874-1948)
    Naufragia likes this.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links