Wal-Mart to start selling guns in stores again.

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart to start selling guns in stores again. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I came across this article this morning. Glad to see it. I wish they would sell handguns, too. Wal-Mart to sell guns again...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Wal-Mart to start selling guns in stores again.

Wal-Mart to start selling guns in stores again.

I came across this article this morning. Glad to see it.
    I wish they would sell handguns, too.

Wal-Mart to sell guns again
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides" - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Ours never stopped...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Lucky.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides" - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Wow. I don't shop at Wal-Mart unless absolutely necessary. I hate them. But every one I've been in had long guns for sale. I am kind of glad to hear that they've been losing sales (as previously stated, I hate them). It only worries me because I know how they treat most of their employees, and with sales down, it can only get worse.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Yeah, I was about to say... The walmarts in and around my town have been fully stocked ever since their doors were open.

Still a good place to buy ammo!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thumbs up Wal*Mart Wades Back Into Gun Sales

I posted this in the 2nd Amendment Section as it, in my mind, illustrates a shift in political and retailing winds, so to speak.

This is good news for the industry in my mind, but arguments aside, do you welcome this?

Wal-Mart Resuming Gun Sales at Many of Its Stores - WSJ.com

The retailer acknowledged that it may have underestimated the importance of carrying hunting and fishing gear.......
    Overall gun sales have been rising in the country—federally tracked gun sales grew more than 12.7% in the first quarter. But growth has been mainly in handguns, which Wal-Mart won't carry.
    Yet as the largest seller of firearms and ammunition in America—even when guns were available in just one-third of its stores— the company has sometimes come under criticism from gun-control groups

Love 'em, hate 'em or indifferent...........Wal*Mart is a huge retailer that has a huge impact on this country.

This is good news for the industry in my mind, but arguments aside, do you welcome this?
    Speaking as a consumer I can't think of a reason not to welcome it.

Yay Wal-Mart, now if they would get into handguns and the rifles other than BA...wishfull thinking.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

"Additionally, Walmart recently realized that it had lost over $1 billion in sales by retooling stores in response to a perceived customer demand for less clutter."

Oh, they have less clutter now? I couldn't tell when I had to go into a WalMart while on a trip this past weekend. Clutter is still only one of the host of problems with WalMart.

I enjoy driving past WalMart to shop elsewhere, even if the prices are higher (and they're frequently not any more). Shopping at WalMart is a whipping I'd as soon avoid.

Texas WalMarts never stopped carrying long guns. It has probably been 20 years since they stopped carrying handguns. The ammo may be a good value but handloaded is better so I don't take advantage of Walmart ammo prices.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I wish they would go back into handguns too.

Bout time, I hope my area gets them back.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Ours never stopped...
    I do not think ours did either.... our local sports authority stopped selling guns and ammo so did kmart...

It's not about guns, it's about profit. If Papayas or pinto beans or chainsaws were suddenly in wide demand Mart would make sure to stock as many as they could in their stores.
    oneshot likes this.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    It's not about guns, it's about profit. If Papayas or pinto beans or chainsaws were suddenly in wide demand Mart would make sure to stock as many as they could in their stores.
    Sounds like testimony then to the fact that people in the US want to buy guns in numbers significant enough to influence the bottom line at Wallyworld. I see that as encouraging news.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links