Show me your FUN GUNS!

This is a discussion on Show me your FUN GUNS! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know all guns are 'fun'. However, I want to see pics of the guns you have that have no real purpose/tactical role, despite what ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bmcgilvray

Thread: Show me your FUN GUNS!

Show me your FUN GUNS!

I know all guns are 'fun'. However, I want to see pics of the guns you have that have no real purpose/tactical role, despite what you explained to your wife, other than the 'fun factor'!

This includes novelty and guilty pleasure buys, let's see 'em!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Exudes fun and exotic pleasure... the much maligned 5.7

My fun .22lr, a hard to find but excellent Daewoo DP52. Better than the Walther.

Sweetness in stainless steel, a Beretta 92 Vertec. Serves no purpose other than to make me go Ahhhhh.

A .32 gun in my pocket for FUN! Here's mine, Leroy.

I'm into guns for the fun. The self-defense aspects are just a side benefit. The great majority of the firearms in the collection are for fun. Very few of my guns are pressed into service for serious purposes.

Here's a more recent acquisition, acquired for fun shooting, a Colt Army Special chambered for the obsolete but still effective .41 Long Colt.

Love to hunt ducks and this Winchester Model 12 12 gauge does the big job on gathering ducks.

Accurate rifles represent the very biggest fun of all for me. Here's a pair of .220 Swifts, old and not so old.
    Top: First year of production Winchester Model 70 Bottom: Ruger M77V featuring the "flat-bolt" variation

The Ruger may have the fancy high-magnification target scope and the bull barrel but the 3/4-century old Winchester can beat it out on some days when shooting groups side by side.
    pistola likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Gorgeous wood on that Model 12!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Beretta 1934 .380

CZ 455 American .22LR

My next "fun" purchase!

German Sport Guns (GSG) AK-47 .22LR

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

ТОЗ-БМ (TOZ-BM), Soviet double-barreled 16Ga hammered shotgun, made in 1959. Bought to be used with brass shells and black powder - as rural hunters did. Barrels are pretty damaged by corrosion, but IPSC steel targets don't care about it.
    200320103906.jpg

МЦРГ (MTsRG) gas gun. We can't have real handguns here, but we can have less-lethal and gas guns. Gas guns are unpopular now, but were extremely popular in 1990s. First gas guns were pretty durable and sometimes converted into illegal handguns. 6П42 (6p42) and 6П37 (6p37) were castrated Makarov and PSM pistols, respectively, and MTsRG revolver was made from scratch. It has steel cylinder and the only barrier in the barrel is one metal stick (as it was originally designed to accept shotshells, though they were quickly declared illegal). So, in 1990s MTsRG was quite popular as a basis for converting it into illegal firearm, and now unconverted revolvers are just the part of our strange history.
    291120093716.jpg
    291120093717.jpg
    291120093718.jpg
    English is not my native language and I may sometimes use incorrect terms. Feel free to correct me if you feel like doing it.

Here are a couple of mine

16 Ga side by side. I'll break it out occasionally to shoot at doves. That sharp comb is brutal on my jaw. And I can't hit anything with it. But it's just fun to hunt with and shoulders like a dream!

.22 pepperbox. It shoots horribly and can keyhole at 7 yrds. Just a funny little pistol.

My wife's shotgun. Lots of fun at the range.

I have a pre 64 model 94 Winchester in 30-30 that I wish I could shoot more.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Can't think of any real purpose for this except punching holes in paper.

Each is a three shoot group sighting in the scope.

Wow.. markush doesn't mess around with his toys!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    My 629, my .22 colt single action, my .22 remington rifle, AK-47 and Mosin Nagant are my fun guns.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I bought it for fun, but I got it for less than half of what it is worth...that makes it even more fun. Antique single action .44 Magnum made by Sauer & Sons in W. Germany in the late 60s and imported by Hy Hunter. It likes shooting bowling pins!!!!
    Attached Images
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Here's mine .25 Colt above

.22 Beretta below

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Links