What?

This is a discussion on What? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Obama Admits Sneak Attack on Gun Owners – Media Could Care Less...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: What?

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Keep all posted comments somehow directly firearm & 2nd Amendment related folks.
    Thanks.

mel
    Why does this not surprise me. The more and more you hear about different things on this board, in the media, and talking to friends it bothers me to the nth degree. I understand that some people believe that the police will be there for them, but I am not going to bet my life or the lives of my loved ones on it. As for the mainstream media picking up on a comment like this, they could care less. Sad but true.

Administrator
    I believe that Obama is not just the most anti-gun President that we have ever had in the White House but, that he is personally even more anti-gun than Brady.
    Right now he is (of course) holding back on his massive anti-gun agenda.
    If he gets another 4 years then the firearm owning population of America is truly in deep serious doo doo.

We are only your one important vote away from the most blistering & scathing anti-gun agenda push in U.S. history.

VOTE!

Remember that you heard that here first.
    BugDude likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    It's getting really annoying how the government thinks it's best to limit or slowly revoke my 2A rights without any real justification.
    They want my guns registered? Fine; that means it's harder for the BG to steal it, and blame me for what happens ('gun reported stolen, has others' fingerprints on it- I'm 'safe').
    They want me to go through background checks to purchase firearms? Fine; makes it harder to BGs to get guns.
    They want to limit the defensive capabilities of my long guns? REALLY don't like.
    Banning 'assault clips' (extended magazines)? Bad idea; now it's a rare commodity and EVERYBODY wants them before it becomes illegal.

U.S. Government seems like it's slowly trying to turn us into something like the U.K.- no handguns for anyone other than military personnel ON DUTY. They're treating us like criminals; even the legal gun owners who have legal permits to carry. Because, if you didn't know this already, GUNS are the problem. GUNS kill people. GUNS with 'ASSAULT CLIPS' kill even more people. It's not the people holding the guns, it's not the people pulling the trigger while the weapon is pointed at the 7th graders.

Blame the inanimate object for the evil act; not the 'rational' conscious being behind it, planning to misuse it. Typical, ignorant, paranoid behavior from people who don't understand that people meaning harm will use weapons other than guns to get what they want.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

vote.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

Vote The Chicago Way..!

Quote Originally Posted by red13 View Post
    vote.
    Vote the Chicago way!

Vote Early.. and Vote Often!

FireStar M40

VIP Member
    Per the article: "Even the folks at the Brady Bunch are not spreading the news about the stunning reassurances from the President. There is nothing on their web site discussing, or even mentioning Obama’s chat with Jim and Sarah."

Could that be because it isn't true? Wouldn't be the first time folks told outrageous lies when writing a news story.

Where is the evidence that this happened? The story isn't sourced and it is not corroborated. And as indicated, Mrs. Brady has said nothing.

Now the article states, "This interesting bit of news was reported in an April 11 Washington Post Lifestyle section story about Obama’s gun control and regulatory policy wonk Steve Croley. "

Thing is, that is a false description of Croley's job.

Here is Croley's job title: From Wiki, "Croley is currently on leave from the University of Michigan, serving as the Special Assistant to the President for Justice & Regulatory Policy on the White House Domestic Policy Council. I don't see a word about guns in his official title. How did we get from that to "gun control...policy wonk?"

So it gets spun a little, to "gun control and regulatory policy wonk ." Right there, with the addition of the two words by the author, and the alteration of the official title by the author, you can tell it is a propaganda piece.

I wouldn't doubt that someone gave some encouragement to Sarah Brady. So? Really, what would you expect someone to do, walk up to her and tell her it was a great thing that John Hinkley was able to so easily get a gun?

While you all make strong assertions about an Obama position on gun control, you mostly seem to completely forget, "In a 1991 op-ed for the New York Times, Reagan voiced his support for the Brady Bill, saying the 1981 assassination attempt might have never happened if the Brady Bill had been law." Gun Rights and President Ronald Reagan - A Pro-Second Amendment President Who Supported Gun Control

So, it was OK for Reagan to hold that view but not for anyone else? Not that the story provided in post 1 gives a shred of evidence that Croley was doing anything more than humoring Sarah Brady, poor lady. Honestly folks, how do you get from that to
    "I believe that Obama is not just the most anti-gun President that we have ever had in the White House," in post 4. Wouldn't that honor go to Reagan himself, or maybe to Clinton who actually signed the AWB?

Senior Moderator
    It's getting really annoying how the government thinks it's best to limit or
    slowly revoke my 2A rights without any real justification.
    Its part of the "plan". The "plan" that no one wants to admit but many can clearly see is the methodic destruction of the U.S. as we know it, so that a world government can take effect.

They want my guns registered? Fine; that means it's harder for the BG to steal
    it, and blame me for what happens ('gun reported stolen, has others'
    fingerprints on it- I'm 'safe').
    There is only one purpose for registration of guns...so that they may be ultimatley confiscated. There is no other reason for registration.

They want me to go through background checks to purchase firearms? Fine; makes
    it harder to BGs to get guns.
    What they are really doing is accumulating information gleaned from background checks. Who,what,when and where.

They want to limit the defensive capabilities of my long guns?
    Of course they do. The powers that be that are hostile this nation dont want you to be able to use them against them.

Banning 'assault clips' (extended magazines)? Bad idea; now it's a rare
    commodity and EVERYBODY wants them before it becomes illegal.
    See above.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Hopyard,
    Croley's job description: Special Assistant to the President for Justice & Regulatory Policy on the White House Domestic Policy Council.

Let's see. BATFE is part of the D.O.J.. BATFE creates regulations on, um.... Alcohol, Tobacco, oh...ah... and FIREARMS and explosive devices.

So, is it possible that Croley met with the Bradys RE: Gun Control? I think it's a good possibility. Is it possible that O stepped into the room? Yep. Is it possible that he might have said .."we're working on it?" Could be. Is it possible that he added "under the radar...?" Well... Yeah.

I voted for the man. I no longer trust him. I thought health care reform was a good idea. I don't think that mandating everyone PURCHASE insurance from private companies which are not regulated by (and in fact, are exempt from) federal anti trust laws under the McCarran-Ferguson Act. And which cannot be regulated under state laws because they are interstate companies subject to federal law.

Of course, I don't trust any pol anymore... from now on, I will vote out every incumbent on the ballot, until "they" get it... They work for us. We are not beholden to them. Yes, I'll even vote out the ones that have done what I wanted.

I. WILL. VOTE.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Honestly folks, how do you get from that to
    "I believe that Obama is not just the most anti-gun President that we have ever had in the White House," in post 4. Wouldn't that honor go to Reagan himself, or maybe to Clinton who actually signed the AWB?
    This is a start, and something I knew before the election. And the reason I did not vote for him, well one anyway.

YouTube - Obama on concealed weapons permits

He is completely against CC. He has said that publicly. He said it to cater to his Chicago constituency I guess, and now hopes nobody notices. I don't trust what he's doing because of what he has said. If he said it only for votes, well that would make me trust him less.

And yes, I understand he has signed bills that included pro carry language. I believe that the other things he got were worth the compromise at the time. I don't trust that thinking much either.

And this.....

Rather than create a national registry, "I do think we have to do a better job sharing information between local and federal officials," Obama said yesterday. He differs with McCain and Clinton about whether people should be allowed to carry concealed guns. Clinton and McCain oppose outlawing it.

"I am not in favor of concealed weapons," Obama said. "I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

Read more: Candidates' gun control positions may figure in Pa. vote - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Candidates' gun control positions may figure in Pa. vote - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links