BUYER BEWARE - CheaperThanDirt - Page 3

BUYER BEWARE - CheaperThanDirt

This is a discussion on BUYER BEWARE - CheaperThanDirt within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; To clear up the misconceptions and attempt to end this discussion - my order was placed in good faith, thinking it might be old stock ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: BUYER BEWARE - CheaperThanDirt

To clear up the misconceptions and attempt to end this discussion - my order was placed in good faith, thinking it might be old stock and they were trying to close it out. Anyway, I was just wanted to give fellow members a heads up - apparently misguided. Also - guess I should have included the punch line - they did charge my credit card. In my experience, reputable companies don't charge your credit card until they ship.
    Semper Fi,

Sig P250C - 9mm/.40/.357/.45; Sig P250FS - 9mm; Sig P250SC - 9mm/.40; Sig P229R DAK - .40/.357/9mm; Sig SP2022 - .40/.357/9mm; Sig P238 - .380; Glock 19 Gen 4 - 9mm; Glock 30SF - .45; S&W Model 19 - .357 Magnum

If you had your card charged, you may have a leg to stand on...

That said, were I the powers that be at CTD, I would have offered to honor that price on one box, and taken the loss. A fair compromise.

Otherwise, they could have not charged the card until stock of that item, at that price point, was available... "Sorry, it never came in! Backorders are cancelled after 30 days."

How long would you be willing to wait? and what would you have said then?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by drb1611 View Post
    To clear up the misconceptions and attempt to end this discussion - my order was placed in good faith, thinking it might be old stock and they were trying to close it out. Anyway, I was just wanted to give fellow members a heads up - apparently misguided. Also - guess I should have included the punch line - they did charge my credit card. In my experience, reputable companies don't charge your credit card until they ship.
    You still have not disclosed how many thousands of rounds you tried to order. At a local store, buying 3 boxes over the counter, I can see a company eating the error for ONE customer before correcting the price on remaining stock.
    Ordering ten cases of premium self defense .45 ACP on the MasterCard because it's mistakenly priced cheaper than Wal-mart 9mm ball ammo is NOT honorable.
    If I had Mod powers you would be gone.

I purchase too good to be true deals all the time (slickdeals.net and fatwallet.com) and I expect them to get canceled. Every day occurance in my opinion.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    You can't seriously believe he saw that price and placed an order in good faith believing that what he saw was accurate. He hoped to cash in on a mistake, a very obvious mistake. Everyone has seen such mistakes. Honest mistakes don't constitute "false advertising". Our hero then took on the role of the indignant customer wronged by the seller hoping he could get them to cave and
    give him his free (almost free) stuff. Not my idea of an honorable way to do business.
    seeing as how i routinely purchase .45 acp ammo for 14-16 bucks at walmart I could see a company running a special on .45 acp ammo to get rid of a back stock in order to bring in new stock. I have seen stores sell merchandise at almost 50% off trying to move it off the shelf before a new truck came in with fresh inventory. So yes I can see him making a mistake in placing a good faith order. If it had been my order that went through and I was expecting my 10 boxes of ammo i just got for a great price to arrive the next day didn't show up and I checked and saw a backlog and then got informed that since the company made a mistake my order was not going to be shipped I would be miffed too. Last I checked it wasn't the purchasers job to make sure the company dosen't lose money over an improperly marked sign. Its the company's. I am giving the op the benefit of the doubt, just because you mention something on one forum suddenly means if you mention it on another you are just trolling to get reactions? When did this happen. I thought the first amendment allowed him to complain on any forum he is a member of. Sorry your first post didn't go well OP

PS, sorry about the massive run on sentence, I am too lazy to fix it at this time
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

For whatever it's worth,I haven't bought any commercial ammo except for Carry in 7 or 8 years.You will never find 100 rounds of 45 acp,9mm,40,38/357 for around $5.00.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    his price was like 10 bucks
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I thought the first amendment allowed him to complain on any forum he is a member of.

No, I don't think that is stated anywhere in the COTUS. The 1st Amendment prevents the Government from restricting a citizens speech; it says nothing about society The People being critical of an individuals behavior. In fact lack of mores and the increase use of moral relevancy as a social code is a destroying America.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Obvious mistake on their part..... maybe the retailer could have done something for the customer to end this on a better note like a discounted price on another brand maybe.

Remember......the Customer Is Always Right........right ?

just because you mention something on one forum suddenly means if you mention it on another you are just trolling to get reactions? When did this happen. I thought the first amendment allowed him to complain on any forum he is a member of. Sorry your first post didn't go well OP
    First Cheaper Than Dirt screws him around and now his first amendment rights are being jacked on the forum. Poor guy is probably *entitled* to some monetary compensation for his grief.
    bbqgrill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    CTD couldn't raise prices for the very simple reason they had nothing to raise prices on! I looked!! They had no ammo because they were the very last ones to raise prices and you greedy who are complaining now were the same ones buying up ammo by the case so you could turn around and charge quadruple on Gunbroker!
    3 EPIC fails...you're out!

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    3 EPIC fails...you're out!
    Care to elaborate? And your lonely opinion does not constitute a historic fact.
    I visited CTD and plenty of other sites through 09 and well into '10 and the infamous "out of stock" and "back-ordered" tags was an all too common occurrence.
    But there was always plenty of ammo on gun broker. In fact, if you had a .380, that was just about the ONLY place it could be found.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    While some companies may honor purchases based on a mis-quoted price, I don't know any legal requirement to do so.

The buyers' right is to spend their money wherever they choose. Sometimes one needs to exercise that right and spend it elsewhere.
    Lewis128 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

GM
    You registered at this forum only for one reason, the bashing and trashing of "Cheaper Than Dirt!" …
    Lewis128 and bbqgrill like this.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

IMHO this thread has served its highly suspect and limited purpose.
    bbqgrill likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links