Value of used longuns?

Value of used longuns?

This is a discussion on Value of used longuns? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a ruger 10/22 and a mossberg 500 that I might be parting with. I'm trying to determine a fair value for each. The ...

Thread: Value of used longuns?

Value of used longuns?

I have a ruger 10/22 and a mossberg 500 that I might be parting with. I'm trying to determine a fair value for each.

The 10/22 has maybe 300 rounds through it. It is the plastic stock. I think its the alloy steel if that's what they call it at ruger. The metal that has a rougher finish, not stainless, more parkerized.

The 500 is a 500A (persuader?) with a Knoxx stock(non-recoil reducing). It has about 150 rounds through it.

Both have been to the range a few times, then sat in a safe so they are cosmetically fine.

Does anyone have an idea what theses would sell for?
    If more info is needed can try to supply it.

Also, if there is a better location for this thread feel free to relocate it.

VIP Member
    Hey Zeppelin,

Post a pic of the Mossberg would ya, please? My next door neighbor is in the marked for a HD shotgun and I want to show him a pic of what you have.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

If it was me , I'd shoot moore 22's through the ruger, I'ts cheaper to shoot than any other JMO ; )PS I hav'nt a clue as the $$ on either
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I was origionally going to shoot the 22s but started reloading so i dont mind the cost

The Ruger 10/22s are usually in good demand. Generally, the older ones sell better because of the quality. Sometimes, selling off some of the individual parts of the gun can net more than what the whole is worth depending. The Mossy 500A is a nice shotgun just to have basically. There are a number of ways to gauge the worth of used long guns without asking gun owners' opinions since gun owner opinions vary, and are often subjective. Check some of the gun websites such as gunbroker or gunsamerica. Then check other websites that sell new guns like the ones you're interested in selling and find a good average. Many times you'll come to the best conclusion as to the firearm's market value. If you ever think your firearm is worth more than the market value, then usually you should keep it. When you do decide to sell, either remain firm on your asking price or price it with a buffer since most buyers will talk you down. Most accessories or add-on parts are not considered value boosters. If you have the original parts, sometimes it's best to sell in original condition and sell the aftermarket parts separate. If you are open to trades, you'd need to specify. Sometimes this is a good way of getting into something you want more than what you have with less out-of-pocket. One thing you never want to happen over a firearms deal is coming out feeling like you got the short end. Best of luck.

VIP Member
    $2-300 for each.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post

Does anyone have an idea what theses would sell for?
    If more info is needed can try to supply it.
    There are over 90 500A Mossberg shotguns for sale currently on gunbroker.com You can view them on this web page, to get an idea of how your shotgun compares to them:

Buy 500A Pump & Sell 500A Pump Items at GunBroker.com

There are over 450 10/22 rifles for sale on gunbroker.com too. Again, you could compare your gun to them, and come up with a competitive price. Here is the list:

Buy 10/22 Semi-auto & Sell 10/22 Semi-auto Items at GunBroker.com

Links