Defensive Carry banner

high standard by armscorp

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ssssthesnake 
#1 ·
Ok I got a couple 1911s now and I just picked up the high standard.
first thing i did was fondle it lol trigger is very nice just the tiniest trigger slop from side to side. mag lock up is tight as any i own.mag release kicks a spent mag clear of the mag well so speed reloading is possible. it doesn't hang up part way free of the well it springs clear.
next I took it apart all the way apart not just field striped. for the most part the internals are nice I didn't find any slag in the mag wells or nothing like what I had heard the feed ramp was clunky one a few fellas opinion i just rubbed some mothers on it and it looks and feels great no burrs .

the trigger group n sear spring don't look like junk another rumor i had heard i feel the trigger is as good or better that alot of other 45's iv seen and handled and really have a smooth pull and not much over travel.

kinda crisp almost a crisp as the trp almost! I will be changing to a combat hammer and set trigger might change out the springs n beaver tail the mat finish is very thin if you slip with a punch on disassembly it will leave a mark.

i read on another form 1911 from the rep for rock island that he uses a 14.5 recoil spring might try it don't know yet . but dose that increase felt recoil. back to the line of this thread the grips that came with it a cocobola i think and fit fine i didn't see any bad fit no day light between panels.

there is no checkering on the front strap and the beaver tails gi along with the hammer n trigger. i did do a bit of devious behavior i called arms co i.e high standard and with a bit of ? just to see what kinda response i would get.

i took two minutes from the time i was on hold until i was talking to a smith that is fast i have to say i was walked trough several easy procedures just to see what kinda service i would get im supper pleased he also took the time to hear out the mods i would like to do and make suggestions about best pars and trimming for a beaver tail ect im very excited buy this cast said with a snear buy some but hey lots of custom guns have cast frames.

i want to sink another 3 maybe 4 hundred in it and see if i can get it trp slick i know i know big ambitions but if you can just adjust good gun to a great gun and only sped 399 verses 800+and not only that learn a little smithing in the process you can take a basic milspec and make a fine pice of weaponry out of it.

i layed this gun next to the trp and besides the obeouis cast parts on the spinger the fit and workings are not that much Different so after a slick blue an all the barbie dol parts ill see but i figure im only gonna be in it for between 600- 800 what can it hurt p.s. range report soon thanks guys any comments greatly needed especially if you have carried one of thease

See less See more
#3 ·
Well - I know back in my bullseye .22 days the Hi Standard was a great gun and the manufacturer has a good rep as far as I recall.

Certainly a pic or two when you can would be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.