high standard by armscorp

This is a discussion on high standard by armscorp within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok I got a couple 1911s now and I just picked up the high standard. first thing i did was fondle it lol trigger is ...

Thread: high standard by armscorp

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar

Ok I got a couple 1911s now and I just picked up the high standard.
    first thing i did was fondle it lol trigger is very nice just the tiniest trigger slop from side to side. mag lock up is tight as any i own.mag release kicks a spent mag clear of the mag well so speed reloading is possible. it doesn't hang up part way free of the well it springs clear.
    next I took it apart all the way apart not just field striped. for the most part the internals are nice I didn't find any slag in the mag wells or nothing like what I had heard the feed ramp was clunky one a few fellas opinion i just rubbed some mothers on it and it looks and feels great no burrs .

the trigger group n sear spring don't look like junk another rumor i had heard i feel the trigger is as good or better that alot of other 45's iv seen and handled and really have a smooth pull and not much over travel.

kinda crisp almost a crisp as the trp almost! I will be changing to a combat hammer and set trigger might change out the springs n beaver tail the mat finish is very thin if you slip with a punch on disassembly it will leave a mark.

i read on another form 1911 from the rep for rock island that he uses a 14.5 recoil spring might try it don't know yet . but dose that increase felt recoil. back to the line of this thread the grips that came with it a cocobola i think and fit fine i didn't see any bad fit no day light between panels.

there is no checkering on the front strap and the beaver tails gi along with the hammer n trigger. i did do a bit of devious behavior i called arms co i.e high standard and with a bit of ? just to see what kinda response i would get.

i took two minutes from the time i was on hold until i was talking to a smith that is fast i have to say i was walked trough several easy procedures just to see what kinda service i would get im supper pleased he also took the time to hear out the mods i would like to do and make suggestions about best pars and trimming for a beaver tail ect im very excited buy this cast said with a snear buy some but hey lots of custom guns have cast frames.

i want to sink another 3 maybe 4 hundred in it and see if i can get it trp slick i know i know big ambitions but if you can just adjust good gun to a great gun and only sped 399 verses 800+and not only that learn a little smithing in the process you can take a basic milspec and make a fine pice of weaponry out of it.

i layed this gun next to the trp and besides the obeouis cast parts on the spinger the fit and workings are not that much Different so after a slick blue an all the barbie dol parts ill see but i figure im only gonna be in it for between 600- 800 what can it hurt p.s. range report soon thanks guys any comments greatly needed especially if you have carried one of thease

How about some pics as for spring 16.5 is what i would use

Assistant Administrator
    Well - I know back in my bullseye .22 days the Hi Standard was a great gun and the manufacturer has a good rep as far as I recall.

Certainly a pic or two when you can would be great.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

bud i bought a digi cam the found out it wount charge now waiting for best buy to fix it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr electronics suk btw been looking ivory grips with checkers of course what do you all think btw ria and high standard is the same

If its truly the same and is like my RIA it should be a good buy.. What did it cost ?

bud it was 399 plus dross n tax i walked away bout 450 i think still not a bad buy at 399 i thinkifyou exclude the tax ect...

If it performs then no not to bad of a buy

Ok im going to try n post some pics today . i polished the barrel last night where it shows trough the ejection port and the feed lips ramp ect will shoot it tomarow and post a range report

Sponsored Links