"The Gunny", R. Lee Ermey coming to Shooters Depot in Chatt. this weekend.

This is a discussion on "The Gunny", R. Lee Ermey coming to Shooters Depot in Chatt. this weekend. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Gunny, will be in Chattanooga at Shooters Depot just off Hwy 153, a measured 10 miles from my house. They are anticipating a 4 ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: "The Gunny", R. Lee Ermey coming to Shooters Depot in Chatt. this weekend.

Senior Moderator

The Gunny, will be in Chattanooga at Shooters Depot just off Hwy 153, a measured 10 miles from my house. They are anticipating a 4 hour wait to make contact with him.

In addition, he will be speaking at a dinner @ $75 a plate. ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT THE FALLEN OFFICER'S FUND, designated for The Chapin Family Memorial Education Fund.

In addition to that, there's a $60 per plate breakfast for Shooters Depot members (shooting range) Saturday morning and is limited to 60 plates - I'm really tempted to attend that. But my current plan is to procrastinate until all the tickets are sold and then complain vehemently to myself what an idot I was to let this opportunity slip by.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    The Gunny, will be in Chattanooga at Shooters Depot just off Hwy 153, a measured 10 miles from my house. They are anticipating a 4 hour wait to make contact with him.

In addition, he will be speaking at a dinner @ $75 a plate. ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT THE FALLEN OFFICER'S FUND, designated for The Chapin Family Memorial Education Fund.

In addition to that, there's a $60 per plate breakfast for Shooters Depot members (shooting range) Saturday morning and is limited to 60 plates - I'm really tempted to attend that. But my current plan is to procrastinate until all the tickets are sold and then complain vehemently to myself what an idot I was to let this opportunity slip by.
    Tangle,

Your current plan cracked me up! LOL
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

The "Gunny" is probably the most personalized pro 2A face since Charlton Heston.I would attend the event just to reap some of his holiness thru Osmosis
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Dang! If I'd have known that, I'd have gone to Dalton with my wife to see the Mother-in-law. Nah, nothing or nobody is worth having to see her.
    SARR001 and C hawk Glock like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Dont forget to watch Full Metal Jacket the night before you go; gotta use some of those quotes on him (I'm sure he NEVZER hears them)...LOL
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

VIP Member
    'Sounds like a plan. I like Lee Ermey, but no more than many other folks here at DC. Celebrity doesn't do much for me.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Dont forget to watch Full Metal Jacket the night before you go; gotta use some of those quotes on him (I'm sure he NEVZER hears them)...LOL
    Funny you should say that! I had almost a 'dead' day at school last Friday, so I wandered over to the library to check out FMJ - for free, I should add! It was checked out. I fussed and fumed, sulked back to my office and pouted for a while.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Sounds like a plan. I like Lee Ermey, but no more than many other folks here at DC. Celebrity doesn't do much for me.
    Me too. I think that's why I'm procrastinating - the celebrity connection. I do appreciate all Gunny has done for gun rights, but he doesn't do it to get me to come to his events, so that's not an issue.

I did ask at Shooter's Depot if Gunny had asked which event I'd be attending.

Sponsored Links