How often do you hunt? - Page 2

How often do you hunt?

This is a discussion on How often do you hunt? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I like to deer turkey and squirrel hunt. The first picture is me a nice 8 point and my marlin 30-30. The second is from ...

View Poll Results: How often do you go hunting?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once a year.

4 7.55%
  • 2-5 times a season.

8 15.09%
  • Every chance I get.

26 49.06%
  • Dont Hunt.

14 26.42%
  • Cant afford it.

1 1.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like to deer turkey and squirrel hunt. The first picture is me a nice 8 point and my marlin 30-30. The second is from last november. I shot it with my yugo sks. The brown bear 123gr soft point rounds proved to be quite devestating at 50 yards.

deer05.jpg
    Attached Images

Looks like I got the pics backwords. Sorry about that I'm a little new to this technology thing.

If I'm not going to eat it, I'm not going to kill it, unless it attacks me first.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    If I'm not going to eat it, I'm not going to kill it, unless it attacks me first

Thats why Ive learned alot of great ways to cook game animals......

For example, sandhill crane are great if you cook them on a nice hickory board, then you throw away the crane and eat the board. lol
    Fear No Evil.

Lead Moderator
    I hunt deer , ducks and small game. Also have tried bow hunting deer. Use a Browning Abolt and a BPS.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

EVERY CHANCE I GET...and I always use what I hunt. I usually use either a bow or a marlin 30-30. Occasionally I use an old handmade crossbow.
    Probably not the right forum for this, but Just wondering what are y'alls thoughts on having to pay the local government bribe money just to put food on the table? Not all of us can afford to go to the grocery store every week (hence the hunting)! Kind of defeats the purpose having to spend money on a permit and this stamp or that.

VIP Member
    I do mostly small game and varmint - lots of groundhog, muskrat and rabbit. And one turkey.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Going to hunt deer for the first time this year. Wild boar every time the freezer needs filling.

I spent over 200 days in the field last year.

I hunt deer, black bear, upland birds, some mig birds (grouse, pheasant, dove, snipe, woodcock), coyotes, fox, bobcat, skunk, opposum, small game like bunnies and squirrel.

ETA:
    I have a PSE Firestorm Lite bow and use a Marlin Guide Gun 45/70, my 10mm, 45, and 20ga single shot for everything. I am building an AR, about halfway done.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova
    ... Probably not the right forum for this, but Just wondering what are y'alls thoughts on having to pay the local government bribe money just to put food on the table? Not all of us can afford to go to the grocery store every week (hence the hunting)! Kind of defeats the purpose having to spend money on a permit and this stamp or that.
    I think if the money goes to wildlife conservation, it is a good thing. Humanity routinely has hunted creatures out of existence without regulations. The wildlife management manages the wildlife so they do not become overpopulated or underpopulated/extinct. It all takes $. If the license money is used for this, then I am for it. I do not like to see the increasing high prices of tags etc. ...

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar

Here's my #1 grocery getter, Browning A-Bolt .338 WinMag, Zeiss conquest 4.5-14, Burris signiture z-rings.

I mostly bird hunt, but this bad boy is what fills the freezer

That's my variminator, CZ 527 .223 with Nikon 6-18 with target turrets.
    Last edited by blueyedevil; July 27th, 2006 at 07:36 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I did alot of hunting in my teens and early twenty's.(Deer, Rabbits, Quail, Doves, Waterfowl) However the demands of a full time job, married life, and then fatherhood put an end to that. The last deer I shot was in 2000.

I just can't see investing all of that money and time right now in my life. When my son gets older I am sure that I will take him hunting and fishing. Right now my focus is on self defense and target shooting.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links