Family shooting fun!

This is a discussion on Family shooting fun! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My son's 12th B-Day last week, so I picked him up a H&R Pardner Pump (20 Gauge Youth) shotgun. Daughter turning 15 in 2 weeks, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hayzor

Thread: Family shooting fun!

Family shooting fun!

My son's 12th B-Day last week, so I picked him up a H&R Pardner Pump (20 Gauge Youth) shotgun. Daughter turning 15 in 2 weeks, so I got her a Henry Lever action 22.
    Went out to the hills Saturday morning for some family shooting. Shot a box of clays w/ the shotty. Presented the 22 to my daughter- a few days early. My wife didnít want to give it to her early and was a little bugged w/ me, until she saw how much my daughter liked it. Fun gun to shoot. The 8 y.o. thought he was John Wayne with it. Very smooth.
    I even tried out a few cut slugs (poor man slugs) out of the break open shotty. Ran good, and put big old holes in the target. Who knew turning birdshot into a slug could be so fun.
    All in all, a great few hours in the desert w/ the family. My sons are ready to go again this weekend.
    Some families like Disneyland - We'd rather head for the hills w/ a bunch of ammo!!
    bigdog44 likes this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Sounds like a good trip glad everyone enjoyed it and its nice to see kids get involved in shooting hobbies and enjoying firearms not fearing them but respecting them.

Teach them the rules young, before they know it all!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

How cool!! I love doing this with my boys as well. They started when they were very young (6 & 8) learning firearm safety and learning to respect the power held within a firearm. They got to shoot 22 at fruit and cans on our farm. They graduated to a .410 and a 9mm quickly. They now have shot most handgun calibers and many rifle calibers as well.This has led to a lot of great family times, including Mom, and has now become an exciting and respected hobby for not only both my boys but the whole family. We go shoot together about once a month in the warmer months at an outdoor club.

I hope this fun you shared leads to great times and closeness for your family as well.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Glad you do things as a family. Before I had my daughter a guy worked for me who would get his kids movies based on length, not content, so he could do his thing. I hope to never fall into that trap. At four she does go out with me to shoot. She has eye and ear protection and is not allowed to shoot! At the end she loves to pick up brass.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Links