"Coolest" shot you ever made.... - Page 6

"Coolest" shot you ever made....

This is a discussion on "Coolest" shot you ever made.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bow hunting rabbits in South Dakota, I had a pheasant jump and take off right in front of me. Pure reflex, I let the arrow ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: "Coolest" shot you ever made....

Bow hunting rabbits in South Dakota, I had a pheasant jump and take off right in front of me. Pure reflex, I let the arrow fly. Direct hit. It was the only thing I got that day.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Use to have a target on a giant dead tree on a friends property which over time we had shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds into it. One day I decided to take out my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 magnum and took one shot and the giant tree crackled,creaked and fell down. My buddy looks over at me in amazement and says " Damn that is a powerful gun" .I left it at that.........
    msgt/ret, Hobo_Hunter and Taurahe like this.

Grouse hunting. Took down 3 with one shot using a 410. They were under a spruce tree and I aimed one and did not see the other two right behind him.

Back in college days, on a dare, snapped a Budwieser bottle cap at a fly from about 20'. Nailed it to everyones surprise including me. Had plenty of ammo and practice back then.

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    Grouse hunting. Took down 3 with one shot using a 410. They were under a spruce tree and I aimed one and did not see the other two right behind him.
    Boy howdy, that's the way to fill a limit!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    As a ten year old, I was pretty dang good at taking down dragonflies on the wing, using my BB gun.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I had no part in this but at a local range there's a framed newspaper clipping about a man back in the 1940s who took down an 8-point deer with a .22LR. Then, on his drive back home with the deer in the bed of his pickup, he spotted a wolf in the road a couple hundred yards away and took it out, too, with a .22LR.

Does cutting the wing off of a flying moth with a fishing pole count?
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Deer at 75 yards with a hand gun on the run. 357 it was a lucky shot I lead the thing about 20 feet or more. Only reason I took the shot was so my sister would not feel bad missing it with the shot gun.

I was just starting to load my Beretta 390 for an afternoon dove hunt, and had just dropped in the first shell and hit the bolt release to chamber it when 3 tightly packed dove crossed at about 25 yards 10 feet off the ground. I swung from the hip, pressed the safety button at the front of the trigger guard and fired, dropping two of the three birds with one shot using a skeet choke. Funny because there weren't many birds flying the rest of the day...

Another was during my teen years. I had a Crossman 760 pellet gun pumped up when my brother kicked a soccer ball about 30 yards away, crossing in front of me. Just for grins, I fired at the soccer ball, figuring there wasn't a snowball's chance in Hades of hitting it. Wrong. I had to buy him a new soccer ball.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

The best shot for me. I was lobbing lead at a 100 yard gong at our club with my m&p9mm compact. And actually hit the dang thing. Surprised me.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    One year goose hunting a flight came into the decoys, dropped one on the water and hit a second one but glided behind some trees. Went looking for the goose and found it dead in the back of my truck.

I shot competitive 3D archery for 15 yrs. I made one shot at 40 yds with a 2315 aluminum arrow through a 4" hole in a tree. Couldnt even see the target until I went to pull my arrow, it was a perfect 10.

I have hunted and killed several pheasants in flight with a recurve. Flu flu's with a zwickey game getter point.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

My luckiest shot...... 150lb + doe at 75-100 yrds head on waiting for her to turn broadside, completely unaware. Something felt funny and I hesitated, and she took of like a hell spawn demon. About two minutes later a guy and his kid came walking down the trail she had been, right in my line of fire. Every deer I have shot with my muzzleloader has been a complete pass through. Odd my luckiest shot is the one i didnt take.

Oh, and I shot a crow out of a tree at like 100 yds with an iron sight 22 lr when I was a kid. No skill involved, only pure luck.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I swung on a small flock of mallards just almost out of range & dropped two nice drakes, as I lowerd and broke open my Browning O/U the empty hulls eject the same time a third mallard drake falls dead straight down out of the heavens on to the other two!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Boy howdy, that's the way to fill a limit!
    Sad part is I did not realize it until I walked up and saw three of them flopping on the ground next to each other.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links