Meprolight Sights on Springfield XD40

This is a discussion on Meprolight Sights on Springfield XD40 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to Buds to pickup and have installed a set of Merpolight sights on my XD 40 today. Apparently this is a bear of a ...

Thread: Meprolight Sights on Springfield XD40

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Meprolight Sights on Springfield XD40

Went to Buds to pickup and have installed a set of Merpolight sights on my XD 40 today. Apparently this is a bear of a project. A few weeks ago I had Meprolight sights installed on my glock 26 and it took about 10 minutes.

The installation on the XD40 took about 40 minutes and the guy had had to go to his vehicle and get additional tools. From what he explained to me,in summary, was that installing these on a Springfield XD or XDm was a tough job.

I had watched videos about installing these did not find one specific to Meprolight and the XD.

Everything turned out just fine, everyone I tworked with was extremely nice and seem to want to entertain me while the work was being done.

I am simply posting this should someone consider doing a self-install. I am glad I did not try this at home.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

It's only tough because the beavertail on XDs are not uniform. The sights have to be fitted to each gun like a custom part.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Not sure on the XDm's but the xd's use sig sauer sight dovetails so if you want sights that fit right the first time you need to use sig sauer sights, that may be why they were tough to install. On the plus side because they do use the sig dovetails you can custom tailor the sights buy using the appropriate sight numbers to effect POA( ie # six front and a # 8 rear if its shooting too low , or the reverse if its to high

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Thanks for the input! I did not know this. Another reason for asking even the most simple of questions before purchasing blindly.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Links