FBI Flyers

FBI Flyers

This is a discussion on FBI Flyers within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just saw this on NRA's website. NRA-ILA :: FBI OVERBOARD ON SUSPICIOUS CUSTOMER WARNING? Interesting but frightful. Who's watching the watchers?...

Thread: FBI Flyers

FBI Flyers

Just saw this on NRA's website.

NRA-ILA :: FBI OVERBOARD ON SUSPICIOUS CUSTOMER WARNING?

Interesting but frightful. Who's watching the watchers?

That shows what a complete and total lack of common sense they have. Maybe if they narrowed that list down to "practicing kidnapping techniques" and "referring to jihad training materials", then it "could" be more logical.

Personally, I don't think they will get too many phone calls from gun stores and ranges.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Well, I think most people here have done at least one of those. lol. I know the owner of my LGS would just laugh about this.

Okay who called them on me,.Almost every red flag on there would actually involve an innocent person,buying a gun you have no knowledge of,most first time gun purchasers have little or no knowledge of firearms,asking about concealable firearms,same thing newbie got a Concealed carry license,I practice hostage scenarios with either a hostage target or 2 B27's with the front one folded in half for head shots,Jihad manual....I don't know anybody who has one,or I hope I don't
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    My guess is that the FBI is trying to say that there currently is an increased threat of Muslim terrorist activity in the country, without actually singling out Muslims. It probably can't hurt to be on the lookout, since we just killed bin Laden.

As to 'practicing kidnapping', I think they mean doing the kidnapping, not defending against it.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I want a "jihad manual". All the better to be prepared with. "Know your enemy" I try to learn everything I can about everyone I can.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Report your neighbor?
    I'm minding my own business...
    If 20 suspicious Arab Muslims buy the house next door, I may become a bit interested.
    I do not watch other gun buyers in gun shops, except to watch for safety issues that could effect me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    According to their suggestions, I could wear a turban and purchase an AK with a credit card and not trigger any of their suspicious activity alerts.

But if I were to dress typical for the local, purchase a PM9, with an IWB holster and pay with cash, I would trigger THREE of their alerts.

Brilliant. Just Brilliant.

Paying in cash, are you kidding me. Who comes up with this crap.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Federal Bureau of Idiots..........
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    This is where profiling along with a good dose of common sense could go a long way - political correctness be forgotten.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    This is where profiling along with a good dose of common sense could go a long way - political correctness be forgotten.
    "On the other hand, the flyers also list a number of things that are not inherently suspicious at all, such as paying in cash rather than with a credit card, traveling a significant distance to visit a range, possessing little knowledge about a product purchased, being interested in the use of concealed weapons, and buying bulk quantities of "weatherproofed ammunition.""

It appears that they are, indeed profiling, but for all the wrong reasons.

As we live in an era of profound sensitivity for people’s feelings, the flyers discourage dealers and ranges from jumping to conclusions when someone doesn’t fit the mold of their average customers.
    Aren't we still avoiding a "rush to judgment" on Mjr. Hassan?

I just wrote and then erased my opinion of the political correctness evident here.
    This one line tells the whole story. Let's leave it at that.

Links