If you could only have one .22... - Page 3

If you could only have one .22...

This is a discussion on If you could only have one .22... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by azchevy it would be a tube fed marlin rifle ..... Yup. Best choice, IMO. Accurate, and you can't beat an original Marlin ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: If you could only have one .22...

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    it would be a tube fed marlin rifle .....
    Yup. Best choice, IMO. Accurate, and you can't beat an original Marlin with a Glenfield scope.

VIP Member
    The Model 41 a blast to shoot and of course the 10/22.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    S&W MODEL 41 & there is this nice MINTY vintage one on Gunbroker right now....though at $850. your pockets might not be deep enough but, boy are they ever worth the $$$.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    if your looking for a rifle in an AR style .22 just get a .22 upper with .22 mags and swap uppers on your current AR
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

AWC Suppressed "AMPHIBIAN" .22LR: One of the best handling, balanced, quietest and most accurate handguns I have ever fired. I'm pretty sure the base gun is a Ruger MKI or MK II.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; June 2nd, 2011 at 07:25 AM.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have 3 22 rifles ruger 10/22,marlin 60 and a mossberg model B. Ilike my marlin better than the ruger but I'll take my 70 year old mossberg over both of them as
    I've shot more bricks out of that rifle in the last 50 years.I don't like ruger's idea for a magazine as I tend to shot more 22's than anything else.The rotary magazine is not the better idea
    but if you want a 22 you want to spend all kinds of money on modifiying this is the one.The last one I bought 10 years ago I paid way too much for it has stainless barell with green laminated
    stock for $300.There was a bunch of rugers with bull barells for $275.I own lots of ruger products butthe 10/22 is far from my favorite even though we have 3 in the house.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Pistol ruger mark II , my favorite bolt action 22 is Mossberg model B that I owned for 50 years, favorite auto22 Marlin 60. There's nothing wrong with the Ruger I just don't like the 10 shot rotary magazine.
    I've tried several aftermarket hi capacity magazines and the don't work well at all so i'll take tube feed anyday.

Years ago, a friend of mine had a Calico .22lr with a 100 round mag. Pretty cool looking. Jammed all the time though.

For all the purposes you mentioned...10-22 all the way. It fits the bill in every aspect. Good luck.
    Mark
    Active Duty Air Force
    Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer - marchellearms.com
    NRA Life Member
    Concealed Carry Permit Holder

All good suggestions. That Amphibian is a lot more than I wanted to spend, but a very cool gun. For that money I could have a .22 pistol, rifle, and the AK-47 that's next on my list.

Well, I'm the proud owner of a 10/22 carbine.
    I was one my way from one gunshop to another when I passed a brand new gunshop, so I turned around and went in. Very nice shop. Lots of military stuff, lots of firearms, and... they had about half a dozen GSGs in the display case. I just couldn't pull the trigger on one though, so down the road I went. My usual gunshop had a couple Ruger 45-22s and they just felt so much nicer in my hand than the GSG, but when I picked up the 10/22 I knew I had to have it. For $250 how could I go wrong? I'm going to take it out back and christen it here shortly. And I will probably end up with a Ruger 45-22, also, but I want to hold the hunter model first.

Any CZ rifle. Quality .22 that feels much more expensive than it is. Accurate as you can make it.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Henry .22 mag lever action with the octagon barrel

If it were going to be a pistol, I'd go for the Walther P22 or the Sig Sauer Mosquito. If looking for a rifle, I like the Ruger SR-22.

The model 41 Smith and Wesson has been one of my favorite guns for 20 some years.
    All day fun for cheap, and you can hit with it. Really a nice piece.

For a rifle, 10/22.
    ccman likes this.

My wife sometimes (bless her heart) falls into a pile of "poopie" and finds a treasure! In one of her treasure hunts many moons ago, she picked up a Nylon 66 Apache Black for my birthday. BLESS HER HEART!!! That is probably one of my most prized weapons. I've been offered some nice "bucko's" for it, and quite honestly there is no way I would part with it. For plinking, or to have in a SHTF scenario, I'll take my Nylon 66...JMO
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links