Phoenix - Serial Killer

This is a discussion on Phoenix - Serial Killer within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last night I watched a Nightline special on ABC that reported of two, yes two serial killers in that area. The interesting part of the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix - Serial Killer

Phoenix - Serial Killer

Last night I watched a Nightline special on ABC that reported of two, yes two serial killers in that area. The interesting part of the story was of one lady that survived a mugging and they interviewed her on the range and she said she would no longer be a victim. This was an awesome story because it really sheds light on the need to protect yourself. It also showed a class where some disarm techniques were being performed. This was a plus for us that CCW. By the way anybody on here from Phoenix? What is your take on it all ?
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    supposedly gun sales are through the roof.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Administrator

"supposedly gun sales are through the roof."

And well they should be.

Wouldn't it be great if some properly armed female bagged herself a sick-o serial killer?

I know a great taxidermist that would do a serial killer head mount free of charge.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    I get the impression gun sales have been on a steady climb now for all the time since 9/11 with periodic peaks like post Katrina.

Of course instance the Phoenix deal - it should not take these episodes to get folks set up - they should do it anyways but overall - glad more people are becoming aware of the need and responsibility of protection of self.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Phoenix is in good hands when it comes to LE support of CCW and just any carry, really. Luckily for Phoenix, their sheriff thinks that the more people that carry, the more a criminal has to stop and wonder if the person they're about ready to assult/rob/etc. is armed. I really miss Phoenix, now I'm south of there with a sheriff that is of the literal opinion that crime prevention should be left to LEOs because citizens would just "get hurt"... Can't complain too much, he does pay good. That and elections are not too far away. heh ;O)

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    Last night I watched a Nightline special on ABC that reported of two, yes two serial killers in that area. The interesting part of the story was of one lady that survived a mugging and they interviewed her on the range and she said she would no longer be a victim. This was an awesome story because it really sheds light on the need to protect yourself. It also showed a class where some disarm techniques were being performed. This was a plus for us that CCW. By the way anybody on here from Phoenix? What is your take on it all ?
    I would love a copy of that story (video) and we should re brodcast it in DC, NY, LA, N Chicago to name a few.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Yeah, we've got a guy running around and randomly blasting away from his car/truck/whatever. Then there is the Baseline Rapist. I live about 80 miles north of Phoenix, but I'm down there every few weeks. These guys are another reason to carry everywhere.

As much as I'd love to bag a rapist, I'd love it even more for a random female to shoot him down in the street.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Administrator
    Serial Killer Trivia Time

True

Do you know the three traits that all serial killers have in common?

They are as follows:

(1) ~ childhood abuse and torture of animals

(2) ~ early extended problematic bed wetting

(3) ~ childhood arson and/or fire starting
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    QK, yeah those are all signs too look for. Sociopathic behavior is another, but those can be encompassed with your given signs.

Eventually, these guys are gonna try something with the wrong person.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J
    I would love a copy of that story (video) and we should re brodcast it in DC, NY, LA, N Chicago to name a few.
    here is a quick vid of it here:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2248699
    RKBA

John

Increase in gun sales, ammo, gear, training, armed law abiding citizens. Good boost in local economy.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

well....Im here...doesnt hardly seem like anyone is that concerned.....typical sheeple..if it isnt on their street...most dont seem bothered..

Im still packin......and on HIGH alert...as is the wife.
    Brad B.

Ditto what AZG23 said. I don't see too much concern from the avaerage citizen, even with me being in LE (luckily not with Phoenix, though I do live there but well north of where everything is concentrated). Gun sales are apparently well up from talking to the guys at the local shops I deal with. And this should prove good protection from or deterent to the rapist/killer. The second serial killer is a sniper, similar to the DC one a few years back. The problem here is there is no vehicle or suspect description. No one that has been shot and survived has seen where the shot came from, literally did not know what hit them. So even being armed CCW may not be of any benefit in this situation if you're up against a hidden and armed adversary and taken by suprise.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Brad B.

Quote Originally Posted by soundwave
    Phoenix is in good hands when it comes to LE support of CCW and just any carry, really. Luckily for Phoenix, their sheriff thinks that the more people that carry, the more a criminal has to stop and wonder if the person they're about ready to assult/rob/etc. is armed. I really miss Phoenix, now I'm south of there with a sheriff that is of the literal opinion that crime prevention should be left to LEOs because citizens would just "get hurt"... Can't complain too much, he does pay good. That and elections are not too far away. heh ;O)

Cheers.

I would love for a big city LEO here to be even remotely pro-CCW....though we did have an excellent LEO in charge with Dave Reichert, now of course a legislator. Our equivalent to Phoenix, Seattle, is headed up by the wienie Gil Kerlikowski, universally hated by smart cops and smart people.

With situations like this, I always hope it ends with a highly publicized civilian self-defense shoot. Every time we get good publicity, the rate of victimization has the potential to be positively affected. Even if a handful of people decide to take responsbility for their safety and in good faith train for it, we have that many more capable, armed good guys. Anything that makes responsible CCW seem more mainstream is excellent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links