Defensive Carry banner

Phoenix - Serial Killer

3K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  KMBRTAC45 
#1 ·
Last night I watched a Nightline special on ABC that reported of two, yes two serial killers in that area. The interesting part of the story was of one lady that survived a mugging and they interviewed her on the range and she said she would no longer be a victim. This was an awesome story because it really sheds light on the need to protect yourself. It also showed a class where some disarm techniques were being performed. This was a plus for us that CCW. By the way anybody on here from Phoenix? What is your take on it all ?

#3 ·
"supposedly gun sales are through the roof."

And well they should be.

Wouldn't it be great if some properly armed female bagged herself a sick-o serial killer?

I know a great taxidermist that would do a serial killer head mount free of charge. :yup:

#4 ·
I get the impression gun sales have been on a steady climb now for all the time since 9/11 with periodic peaks like post Katrina.

Of course instance the Phoenix deal - it should not take these episodes to get folks set up - they should do it anyways but overall - glad more people are becoming aware of the need and responsibility of protection of self.

#5 ·
Phoenix is in good hands when it comes to LE support of CCW and just any carry, really. Luckily for Phoenix, their sheriff thinks that the more people that carry, the more a criminal has to stop and wonder if the person they're about ready to assult/rob/etc. is armed. I really miss Phoenix, now I'm south of there with a sheriff that is of the literal opinion that crime prevention should be left to LEOs because citizens would just "get hurt"... Can't complain too much, he does pay good. That and elections are not too far away. heh ;O)

Cheers.

#6 ·
BlueLion said:
Last night I watched a Nightline special on ABC that reported of two, yes two serial killers in that area. The interesting part of the story was of one lady that survived a mugging and they interviewed her on the range and she said she would no longer be a victim. This was an awesome story because it really sheds light on the need to protect yourself. It also showed a class where some disarm techniques were being performed. This was a plus for us that CCW. By the way anybody on here from Phoenix? What is your take on it all ?
I would love a copy of that story (video) and we should re brodcast it in DC, NY, LA, N Chicago to name a few.

#7 ·
Yeah, we've got a guy running around and randomly blasting away from his car/truck/whatever. Then there is the Baseline Rapist. I live about 80 miles north of Phoenix, but I'm down there every few weeks. These guys are another reason to carry everywhere.

As much as I'd love to bag a rapist, I'd love it even more for a random female to shoot him down in the street.

#8 ·
Serial Killer Trivia Time

True :yup:

Do you know the three traits that all serial killers have in common?

They are as follows:

(1) ~ childhood abuse and torture of animals

(2) ~ early extended problematic bed wetting

(3) ~ childhood arson and/or fire starting

#9 ·
QK, yeah those are all signs too look for. Sociopathic behavior is another, but those can be encompassed with your given signs.

Eventually, these guys are gonna try something with the wrong person.

#13 ·
Ditto what AZG23 said. I don't see too much concern from the avaerage citizen, even with me being in LE (luckily not with Phoenix, though I do live there but well north of where everything is concentrated). Gun sales are apparently well up from talking to the guys at the local shops I deal with. And this should prove good protection from or deterent to the rapist/killer. The second serial killer is a sniper, similar to the DC one a few years back. The problem here is there is no vehicle or suspect description. No one that has been shot and survived has seen where the shot came from, literally did not know what hit them. So even being armed CCW may not be of any benefit in this situation if you're up against a hidden and armed adversary and taken by suprise.

#15 ·
soundwave said:
Phoenix is in good hands when it comes to LE support of CCW and just any carry, really. Luckily for Phoenix, their sheriff thinks that the more people that carry, the more a criminal has to stop and wonder if the person they're about ready to assult/rob/etc. is armed. I really miss Phoenix, now I'm south of there with a sheriff that is of the literal opinion that crime prevention should be left to LEOs because citizens would just "get hurt"... Can't complain too much, he does pay good. That and elections are not too far away. heh ;O)

Cheers.

I would love for a big city LEO here to be even remotely pro-CCW....though we did have an excellent LEO in charge with Dave Reichert, now of course a legislator. Our equivalent to Phoenix, Seattle, is headed up by the wienie Gil Kerlikowski, universally hated by smart cops and smart people.

With situations like this, I always hope it ends with a highly publicized civilian self-defense shoot. Every time we get good publicity, the rate of victimization has the potential to be positively affected. Even if a handful of people decide to take responsbility for their safety and in good faith train for it, we have that many more capable, armed good guys. Anything that makes responsible CCW seem more mainstream is excellent.

#16 ·
Glad you guys from Phoenix chimed in, man, that was wild to see how he made the mother watch as he raped the 12 year old girl. I tell ya, my work as a Mental Health Counselor brings me in contact with teens, children and adults that have the potential to be sickos. However, the sad thing is that most of them are that way because somebody that knew better molested them or verbally abused them. This often causes them hate authority or act out as a means of reliving the situation. The revisitation in their head is revenge. I know its, wild. Anyway, the world is crazy. Please watch your kids and who they are exposed to.

#17 ·
Good, Sound Advice From Blue Lion. :yup:

If this serial killer phenomenon & all of this other random violence is a result of early childhood experiences then look for it all to spiral & escalate out of control.
Young single mixed-up Mothers (most previously abused in some way themselves) - on drugs - w/ multiple boyfriends of questionable (usually violent) character living in the house around the young kids - no caring true Father figure. Loads Of Instability.
That's just the beginning of the problems some of these young kids are in for.
Not NEARLY enough people like Blue Lion willing to truly help heart and soul.

A surefire recipe for future mental health disasters.

#19 · (Edited)
The Shootist gun shop in Youngtown has been really busy lately. My friend and I go in there every other Saturday to BS with the owner. Last Saturday we got there about 10 min after he opened and he was already in the middle of a handgun sale to a nice young lady ready and WILLING to protect herself.

#20 ·
QKShooter said:
Serial Killer Trivia Time

True :yup:

Do you know the three traits that all serial killers have in common?
Fourth commonality of many serial killers: Middle name of Wayne. Wait, my middle, er, never mind. I need to go light a cat now.

#21 ·
At least two of the incidents are within a mile and a half of my house, the latest, about a quarter of a mile. Had we been outside at the time we probably would have heard the gunshot. We did hear the police respond but didn't know what had happened. I have told both of our kids that live in the area that if they are out after dark and their car breaks down to call me immediately and do not walk anywhere.

While we pretty much go about our business normally, if the sun is down and I am out and about, I don't miss much....

#22 ·
Yeah I was @ High Noon Shooting Range today up here in PV today. I asked the feller runnin the range if he had been busy. There was nobody in there when I walked in. He told me it was prolly the 2nd or 3rd time it had been quiet on the range in weeks. Said handgun sales to women are through the roof and the CCW class he teaches is full for the next 3 weeks.

Good news for us. Those who are now armed will be voting this year and maybe some will be changing sides. Should be interesting to see how the elections in AZ turn out this year.

#23 ·
paramedic70002 said:
Fourth commonality of many serial killers: Middle name of Wayne. Wait, my middle, er, never mind. I need to go light a cat now.
:scared:

#24 ·
I just heard a reporter on Good Morning America tell the whole world that if attacked don't fight back because it could only put them in greater danger. What! now this is in response to the Phoenix serial killer issues. Moreover, they just done a report the Monday if I am not mistaken showing people how to fight back and even interviewed a lady on the range. I tell ya, I just can't believe it. The so called security expert even suggested crawling under a car and screaming.

#25 ·
BlueLion said:
I just heard a reporter on Good Morning America tell the whole world that if attacked don't fight back because it could only put them in greater danger. What! now this is in response to the Phoenix serial killer issues. Moreover, they just done a report the Monday if I am not mistaken showing people how to fight back and even interviewed a lady on the range. I tell ya, I just can't believe it. The so called security expert even suggested crawling under a car and screaming.

WELL THEN.....thats it.....who wants all my guns..?

edit: sheesh!

#26 ·
BlueLion said:
The so called security expert even suggested crawling under a car and screaming.
I was going to say, "Unbelievable!" The sad thing is, it has become entirely believable. :sheep:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.