USCCA Self Defense Shield

This is a discussion on USCCA Self Defense Shield within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone heard of this? It sounds like insurance in case you have to use your weapon. They advertise $300,000 civil Liability limit, and75,000 Criminal ...

Thread: USCCA Self Defense Shield

Has anyone heard of this? It sounds like insurance in case you have to use your weapon. They advertise $300,000 civil Liability limit, and75,000 Criminal Liability Limit. They have a list of Attorneys that work for members. It's about $300 per year for their best option. On the surface it sounds good to me. Would like to here your thoughts on this. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    There is another thread going on this from yesterday: Self-Defense Shield
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

CTF

Quote Originally Posted by edclacro View Post
    Has anyone heard of this? It sounds like insurance in case you have to use your weapon. They advertise $300,000 civil Liability limit, and75,000 Criminal Liability Limit. They have a list of Attorneys that work for members. It's about $300 per year for their best option. On the surface it sounds good to me. Would like to here your thoughts on this. Thanks
    I saw an add in the American Rifleman magazine for this insurance. I think it is good depending where you live. If you live in an anti-gun "Coddle the criminal" type state like California, and also live in a not-so-good neighborhood, it may be a good thing to have with all their confusing gun control laws. In California, you may have a agenda-driven DA office who may want to prosecute if you use a gun in self defense, or it may be a banned gun since California has many draconian gun laws. But since you live in Arizona, it may not be neccessary to have this kind of insurance since Arizona is not a nut state like California.

Doesn't it seem weird to anyone else that the USCCA would be based in a state that won't have CCW until Nov1?

I joined USCCA (after paying the $65 fee), I wish I hadn't joined. Personally, it's a ripoff. I don't know anyone who pays $65 a year for a mediocre magazine. That's about all you get. As far as the self defense shield, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There's got to be a catch. Lesson learned. I get more information from forums like this one than that site.

Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo429 View Post
    I joined USCCA (after paying the $65 fee), I wish I hadn't joined. Personally, it's a ripoff. I don't know anyone who pays $65 a year for a mediocre magazine. That's about all you get.
    I have to agree with you. I find maybe 3 articles max that I'm intersted in.
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived."
    -General George S. Patton

USAF Master Sergeant, Retired

Lead Moderator
    Already running, see the link in post number 2
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links