OK, I KNOW that I'm Paranoid......

This is a discussion on OK, I KNOW that I'm Paranoid...... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; BUT just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that THEY are NOT out to get ya! Anyway, I've noticed a lot of questions on other sections ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: OK, I KNOW that I'm Paranoid......

OK, I KNOW that I'm Paranoid......

BUT just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that THEY are NOT out to get ya!

Anyway, I've noticed a lot of questions on other sections of DC. Like..."Do you always carry? Do you carry a spare magazine? Do you carry a BUG? Do you carry with a round in the chamber? Where do you carry your firearm?

ETC. ETC. ETC.

Now. IF you were out to make a list (and check it twice) of all the responses, some nefarious bugger COULD say," Let's go get so and so's guns. WE KNOW that he carries on the right inside the pants and he does NOT have a round in the chamber. Never mind a BUG, he doesn't carry one."

That's why I never answer these incidious questions.

What say?

TRIED TO ERASE THE NEXT TOPIC, BUT COULDN'T FIGURE HOW

2. Remove Ads

Yeah thats a little paranoid....I am in LE where I send people back to prison (probation officer). So often I am hated more than a regular cop. I dont even get that worried. I think you are good here.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Well, if you carry a round in the chamber and carry a bug you have nothing to worry about. Sound practices will help you sleep soundly.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

First, they have to identify who "so and so" is. Second, intending is often easier than doing.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    I guess if someone wanted to search hard enough they could find out who archer51 is. Then the question is, is it worth the expense to travel to where I am and risk getting shot? I'm sure there are a lot easier targets closer to home for them.
    Chevyguy85 and HK Jake like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm more worried about admitting the large number of Hawaiian shirts I wear.
    HK Jake likes this.

That's a little too paranoid
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I wouldn't worry about it unless you make a habit of posting pictures up here with your face, or identifiable elements of your home or car, etc.

I think you have more to worry about someone who knows you using the internet to check up on you and follow you rather than worry about someone on the internet tracking your digital id to your physical presence. Not that it cant happen, just not likely.

Senior Moderator
    And who's saying the people who answer those quizzes aren't lying or aren't planning on changing their practices.

Maybe they don't carry a BUG all the time but they do sometimes.. maybe they don't always carry a spare but they throw one in their pocket or on a spare pouch here and there..

yeah... way easier targets in the world than most of us on DC.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    there is a lot of static here but some, a few, are changing their questions indicating that they are beginning to question their original beliefs.
    that is a start towards knowledge as it applies in the real world vs e-space. them can be helped: those who continue to think shooting is your right and the answer...lets hope they never have to wake up.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Criminals seek soft targets. Interview after interview with bad guys yields a common theme - they seek the easy score, the soft target, the easy fix. Open or unlocked doors, keys in cars, distracted mothers/fathers, etc. Criminals get very very good at selecting targets which will yield the largest payoff with the lowest risk and minimal effort. Folks that carry a gun are pretty far off their lists I would guess.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

That is way I carry guns! They are really out to get me!!!! But if I have guns, then I have no reason to be paranoid. If they are dumb enough to try, they deserve what they will get.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    As long as you don't tweet naked pictures of yourself to women who you don't know, you should be fine.

VIP Member
    I'm a privacy nut, and even I would say that you are overly concerned.

Coming from a security background, I used to tell my clients that the only true way to secure data is to destroy it. Everything after that is gradients of compromise.

In this case, I find it to be a worthwhile exercise to share what and how I carry on this forum. Occasionally I'll receive feedback or read how someone else's carry that I will incorporate.

Today I happen to be sporting a canted G30 IWB @ 4:00, with an LCP in a wallet holster in my right, rear pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links