Question: Nauticus (Norfolk) 2nd floor HRNM, an official US Naval Museum. Gun OK?

Question: Nauticus (Norfolk) 2nd floor HRNM, an official US Naval Museum. Gun OK?

This is a discussion on Question: Nauticus (Norfolk) 2nd floor HRNM, an official US Naval Museum. Gun OK? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is carry allowed at the Hampton Roads Naval Museum inside Nauticus? Nauticus is publicly owned and firearms restrictions are preempted by state code. The HRNM ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike

Thread: Question: Nauticus (Norfolk) 2nd floor HRNM, an official US Naval Museum. Gun OK?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Is carry allowed at the Hampton Roads Naval Museum inside Nauticus? Nauticus is publicly owned and firearms restrictions are preempted by state code. The HRNM is within Nauticus. I'm thinking of going there tomorrow. It is an official USN museum. Does that make it a military base issue, federal property issue, etc? It is NOT designated as a National Park, etc. as far as I know. I don't see anything about guns on their website, and I'd rather not ask them if I don't have to. I'm sure there are some .mil folks here that can give me a clue.

Home page for the United States Navy's Hampton Roads Naval Museum

The Hampton Roads Naval Museum is an official museum of the United States Navy and reports to the Naval History and Heritage Command in Washington, D.C.
    Additional financial support comes from the Hampton Roads Naval Historical Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation. Hampton Roads Naval Historical Foundation
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    The Hampton Roads Naval Museum is an accredited museum operated by the United States Navy
    My guess is it is going to be a no go on carrying there. Just like government run recreational facilities located off the base is still under government control and all government rules apply.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

On a related note, if you go there, enjoy the USS Wisconsin. That was my first ship in the Navy. I am actually a Plankowner, or member of the recommissioning crew from the October 22, 1988 recommissioning. My duty station was Spot 1. Ask one of the Docents where that is, they will point to it. But I'm sure you can't go up and see it.

I got to fire the 16 inch guns 26 times while on board.
    atctimmy likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Harborfest starts tomorrow. Maybe I'll reschedule for another day. Big crowds, no parking. Not my style right now.

I will probably give them a ring soon and get the official NO.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links