When Boy becomes Man......Surprise!

This is a discussion on When Boy becomes Man......Surprise! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If this would have been my dad and I did the same thing as his boy my dad would have turned around in the parking ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: When Boy becomes Man......Surprise!

If this would have been my dad and I did the same thing as his boy my dad would have turned around in the parking lot and bought the same thing so we could build both of them together. I was raised from the time I was 5 to go to the rifle range and shoot when all the men were through. At that time in the 50s I dont believe you could build anything like that.

2. Remove Ads

Great story. Its hard watching your young-uns grow up.

bought my first shotgun at 16 3 shot bolt action .410,got it at a farm auction,told my dad about it and he said go ahead,somebody else wanted it too,but I got it for $40.00,then I found out how much higher .410 shells were over 12 and 20 gauge.I bought several handguns after coming home from the Military,my dad never owned a handgun,he said he didn't have a need for one,he had a 22 rifle and 12 gauge pump,after coming back from Vietnam he never hunted again.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Just so you know, statistically cheerleading is the most dangerous sport you can do.

Boys grow into men. Just be glad he enjoys some of the same activities you do--it could be skateboards or dolls. My son is now 42 and shot all his life and trap and skeet competition. Now, we shoot often with his 15 year old son and my other grandsons and grandaughters. The son is a Texas law officer and firearms instructor with his agency. We need to introduce this generation to guns and shooting to protect our rights into the future.
    Martini13 likes this.

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBaddaBoom View Post
    oh, and to be specific he only bought a lower build kit. He wanted to wait and get my input on receiver, upper, optics. And I think he needs more money. I may not get a "free" 15 after all.
    Shoot! You missed out...their lowers were down to $49 just recently. I did my first build on one of their lowers and ordered another during the sale. Even better for you, it's supporting a local company :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links