Defensive Carry banner

1911 article from Air Force Times.

6K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  OD* 
#1 · (Edited)
The 411 on 1911: With patience and a budget, you can own the .45 of your dreams

If you’re about to surrender to the 100-year-old call of John Moses Browning, we’re here to help. You can probably count as many Model 1911 configurations as stars in the sky, so to make sense of all the choices, we enlisted a guy who knows his way around the 1911 like Darrell Waltrip knows his way around Daytona.

As the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta’s primary firearms instructor, Larry Vickers worked in a place that put more than a million rounds a year through 1911s.

He’s a founding member of the International Defensive Pistol Association and also a member of the American Pistolsmiths Guild.

When he says he’s seen everything that can go wrong with a 1911, I believe him.
The 411 on 1911: With patience and a budget, you can own the .45 of your dreams - Off Duty, Technology - Air Force Times

Nice rundown of desirable mods to personalize a 1911. One thing I disagree with though, I would NEVER trade a 1911 for a Glock. :gah:

Reactions: OD*
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.