Rubber butt pad on SD Shotgun grabbing shirt

This is a discussion on Rubber butt pad on SD Shotgun grabbing shirt within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The other day I realised when I tried to shoulder my Mossberg 930 the rubber butt pad grabbed my shirt which hindered my ability to ...

Thread: Rubber butt pad on SD Shotgun grabbing shirt

Rubber butt pad on SD Shotgun grabbing shirt

The other day I realised when I tried to shoulder my Mossberg 930 the rubber butt pad grabbed my shirt which hindered my ability to shoulder the gun quickly,back when I shot Skeet and Sporting clays we used to take scotch tape and start layin strips over the top rear of the butt pad until we had about 1" to 1 1/2" of the top rear butt pad covered in scotch tape and usually with 2 or 3 layers,what that does is provide a slick surface that slides over clothing instead of grabbing it like the rubber does.If you have ever noticed your stock doing the same thing this is a quick cheap easy fix
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

I went from a hard buttpad to a rubber one also. I do notice the rubber does not "slide" on my shoulder like the hard one did, but the recoil is much better.

One thing ~ when you go from a regular to padded buttpad, unless you have cut down the stock, you have added about an inch to the length. You will have to retrain your "muscle memory" to compensate for that extra inch. That comes from use and practice and your weapon will seem to shoulder "normal" after you get used to it. That was my experience, anyway.
    Yeah, My old CCW 9 MM is nicknamed "Barkey"
    New CCW LCP is "Elsie"
    and my 12 Ga S x S Coach gun is "Boomer"
    Wife's weapon is "Miss Pearl" (SP101 .357 w/mother of pearl inserts)
    We're old so we can get away with that.

One of the gun-chemical outfits, maybe Birchwood-Casey, makes a spray for recoil pads to make 'em less grabby. (Talk about a niche market!) Do some Googling and it'll turn up... I'd start with Brownell's.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Its summertime and its hot...take you shirt off and it wont grab.

Just kiddin...

The fix is simple. Just put a peice of duct tape on it. It'll stay there and it's a lot slicker. When you are done, take it off. No big deal.

Links