Eye opener of a blog discussion...

This is a discussion on Eye opener of a blog discussion... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am having an interesting, what I consider an eye-opener of a blog discussion with a guy who has only lived in NY, NYC, and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Eye opener of a blog discussion...

Eye opener of a blog discussion...

I am having an interesting, what I consider an eye-opener of a blog discussion with a guy who has only lived in NY, NYC, and CA about how restrictive the gun laws are in NY where he now lives. How do you convince a guy who has only known the Sullivan Laws that they are restrictive compared to other states. He thinks that is the way the laws should be. Itís all he has ever known. Because it is the law it must be right. A statement he made was, ďIf you want to own an UNREGISTERED firearm NYís a tough placeĒ. Iím trying to convince him that the problem is in having to register a firearm in the first place. As I said it is an eye-opener about how indoctrinated some people in this country have become.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

The registry of firearms does nothing to prevent crime. I once lived in N.J. where my fathers house was broken into and all his 'registered' guns were stolen. A year later they were found and recovered from NYC. Since they were registered he had the guns returned to him.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

The only "registering" I've done is with the manufacturer for warranty purposes. Though I've never had to make use of said warranties so far.

It's tough arguing with people who've only known one way.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

" there are none so blind as those who will not see"
    DaRedneck and JOHNSMITH like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

What glockman said.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

It may be the law, but it's unconstitutional. "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Read that word again. INFRINGED. Just because it's a law doesn't make it right.

Senior Moderator
    It amazes me that in the new age of information, many people think that the laws that they live with are the same everywhere and with just a bit of study it becomes very apparent that they are not.

It also amaze me that the Northeast states, the ones that actually got the bell of freedom to ring to all, have become the most restrictive states in the union, not only on firearm ownership but lots of other things. I have an aunt in Massachussetts actually think that it was normal to pay over 800$ a month on property taxes for a house half the size of mine. I dont pay that in a year with 20 acres of land.

People only know what they know and some of them cant be argued with because it never occurs to them that there is more to the world than that little 18" circle that they are standing in.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

When I lived in Kansas back before the 86 FA ban,Since we couldn't legally own FA NFA weapons in Ks I thought that was nationwide,I wish I had moved to Tx back in the late 70's early 80's Because I woulda bought several FA weapons at realistic prices back then
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have lived in CA, NY, MA, KY, FL, VA, Europe and Asia. Don't argue - you can't fix stupid! Give him the facts and then move on.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

VIP Member
    Some people do not want to be confused by facts, as far as the NE 200 years of tradition and not one day of progress.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    When I lived in Kansas back before the 86 FA ban,Since we couldn't legally own FA NFA weapons in Ks I thought that was nationwide,I wish I had moved to Tx back in the late 70's early 80's Because I woulda bought several FA weapons at realistic prices back then
    You really missed out. Back in '75 I bought a S&W M-76 for $600 and a MAC-10 for $200. In '77 I bought a 1928 Thompson for $500. Those were the day's.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    You really missed out. Back in '75 I bought a S&W M-76 for $600 and a MAC-10 for $200. In '77 I bought a 1928 Thompson for $500. Those were the day's.
    I would love to have any of those. Especially the last one. Unfortunately by the time I was living in a free state, it was well past 1986 and I could not really afford one.

Links