Tactical .22's what say you?? Anyone have any reviews on ones out there?? - Page 2

Tactical .22's what say you?? Anyone have any reviews on ones out there??

This is a discussion on Tactical .22's what say you?? Anyone have any reviews on ones out there?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by HotGuns Here's a tactical .22. A suppressed S&W that is as quiet as a penny being dropped. Opening the bolt and letting ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tactical .22's what say you?? Anyone have any reviews on ones out there??

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Here's a tactical .22.

A suppressed S&W that is as quiet as a penny being dropped. Opening the bolt and letting it slam foward is as loud as it gets.
    Oh! Me like!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    "Tactical" should mean marksmanship to my thinking. Maybe I'm behind on the current craze for 'tactical' or 'tacticool' .22LR. Tactically speaking, the quieter the better. After that, not much to say other than it doesn't need to look like an AR-15 to be "tactical". What makes a tactical weapon 'tactical' is the one pulling the trigger. Single shot, magazine fed, bolt, semi-auto, etc. Punch out a dime at 100yds with your .22LR and I'd say it's tactical enough. Do it a second time, and you'll find a more well defined term for the word tactical, and where, how, and when it applies.
    You are missing a major point Ram Rod. I train with my M&P 15-22 just like my AR15, everything is the same from the stock to the AFG and sights. A Ruger 10-22 just won't do what I need it to do with regards to real training having similar controls. Having the same controls, system and relative weight are a bonus to a few of us folks out there. My M&P has paid for it's self several times all ready.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    A few others on here and elsewhere report good results/use the M&P 15/22. I personally have put more than 3,000 rounds easily through mine. I know atleast one member here reporting his Colt/ Umarex worked well too. Reports on MP5 clone are a bit less than perfect operation on some.
    Whatever you get will most likely take some testing to find what ammo your gun likes. Mine seems to prefer Federal bulk pack stuff.
    Rocky,

I have had the same experience with my M&P. If you load the mags up correctly, it's really reliable for a .22 semi auto rifle. Mine eats the federal walmart bulk pack all day long!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

so sounds like the S&W 15-22 has a good track record, thats good to know

MP 15-22 rocks! good understudy for an actual AR.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links