AK-47 Experts and Aficionados

This is a discussion on AK-47 Experts and Aficionados within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I own a WASR 10 63 with an underfolding stock. What would I have to do to put a regular fixed stock on it?...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Guantes

Thread: AK-47 Experts and Aficionados

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

I own a WASR 10 63 with an underfolding stock. What would I have to do to put a regular fixed stock on it?

Administrator
    unbolt the folder and bolt the fixed stock on.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    If it were only that easy...

The first thing you are going to have to do is take off all of the parts to the stock. That is going to leave you some ugly holes in the side of the receiver.
    Then, you are going to have to buy the internal receiver block that has the two tangs that will allow you to bolt the standard stock on there. Folding stocked recievers do not have this. Then,because you have a solid plate on the back of the reciever, you are going to have to remove that so that you can put the tang on it as it fits up into the receiver.

If you dont have the tools to do this, then it will be quite a chore. The receiver is usally case hardened, so it'll be pretty tough to remove.This will not be an easy thing to do at all. If it were me, I would either keep the folder or trade it off for one that was built from the ground up with the straight stock.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Think I'll just throw down another $400 and buy a fixed stock. I want both anyhow. Thanks guy's!

Sell it as is and buy what you want or look for a trade. Lots of people would rather have an underfolder, or get another always a better option :)

Senior Moderator
    Underfolders are great to carry around but they suck to shoot. You cant really get a good cheek weld and any amount of shooting will wear your cheek out. They are made to carry, not shoot.

Everybody loves them until they put a bunch of rounds through them. For truck guns are something that you only shoot once in a blue moon, they are OK.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Think I'll just throw down another $400 and buy a fixed stock. I want both anyhow. Thanks guy's!
    Kidding and smart comments from me set aside, that is probably your best option.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I am in a similar position with my yugo m70. Thought the underfolder would be neat but don't want it now that I shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Underfolders are great to carry around but they suck to shoot. You cant really get a good cheek weld and any amount of shooting will wear your cheek out. They are made to carry, not shoot.

Everybody loves them until they put a bunch of rounds through them. For truck guns are something that you only shoot once in a blue moon, they are OK.
    They difinately look cool and are pretty compact but your right about not being very comfortable to shoot a bunch of rounds through.

A side folder accomplishes the same thing without the inconvenience.
    Gunnutty and Rock and Glock like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

RKM
    I'd just buy another one. WASR's are dirt cheap, even though the prices have gone up.

I love the way the underfolders look, but they don't look fun to shoot. I have a Romanian side folder wrapped with paracord on my WASR 10/63. I love it.

I want to get a WASR 2

Just get another one. Here is where I got my And 65 (sidefolder)
    Www.centerfiresystems.com

They are a good company, just decide if you want a stamped or a milled receiver and buy accordingly. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I disagree with the underfolders not being fun to shoot. I love mine and have put about 3000 rounds downrange with it. I just dont put my cheek on the stock, my buddy who is a captain in the Army suggested that and it works. Just line your eye up with the sight. I also enjoy folding the stock under and opening up as fast as I can pull the trigger, (note, only done on private property with secure backdrop and noone else shooting at the time. Gotta be safe first) The underfolding AK in my opinion is the most versatile weapon on the planet and I can do just about anything with mine. At the moment I am considering a railed forend and a folding front grip for mine. Gotta make it look tacticool. I'm never gonna do anything useful with it, just a toy, and the occasional three gun comp
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Links