A Buckeye Survives A Trip Down South

This is a discussion on A Buckeye Survives A Trip Down South within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A Buckeye Survives A Trip Down South By Ken Hanson It is that time of year again - time to pack up the family in ...

Thread: A Buckeye Survives A Trip Down South

By Ken Hanson

It is that time of year again - time to pack up the family in the minivan and head south for some quality time. The vacation this year was to Gatlinburg, ("We have more mini-golf courses per acre than any other place on the planet") Tennessee. As my vacation last year had resulted in my first ever armed encounter with a criminal, I dutifully charted out my course on a map and made a list of the other states I would need to check for CCW regulations.

Let's see, first state is Kentucky. Check the websites....oh dear, that cannot be right. No restrictions on car carry? Surely their State Police must be in a titter over that, given what the Ohio Highway Patrol has been telling me. Checking further....nope. In fact, Kentucky has just passed several pieces of RTC legislation, including a law that forbids employers from banning guns on company property. Gasp! I am surely taking my family's safety for granted if I drive through a state like that.

Next state is Tennessee. I'm sure there is a problem with the Internet.......the Volunteer State has no car carry restrictions either! How will I navigate through two state's worth of Trooper's bodies that surely results from such haphazard "restrictions," especially since I am not required to even notify an officer I am carrying a handgun if I am pulled over? Even worse, Tennessee has complete preemption of firearms laws! How ever will I be safe without each municipality passing (often conflicting) ordinances on what is and isn't legal for the 1.5 miles I will be in the city limits?

You can read the rest of the story here:
    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3205.html

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave. Now if we could fix that resturant carry thing.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I think you'll like the South, my friend. When it comes to guns, I think you'll like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief
    Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave. Now if we could fix that resturant carry thing.
    Yeah, going to the Smokies this weekend and not looking forward to that at all. :(

Links