Unbelievable shooter!

This is a discussion on Unbelievable shooter! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On the 4th Saturday of every month, I shoot Silhouette Air Pistol At the Modesto Rifle Club. One of the members, Rick, was the first ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By claude clay

Thread: Unbelievable shooter!

Unbelievable shooter!

On the 4th Saturday of every month, I shoot Silhouette Air Pistol At the Modesto Rifle Club. One of the members, Rick, was the first national champion in this sport, and yesterday he shot the most impressive group I have ever seen.

Rick took empty .22 casings and placed them at the ram line (18 yards) away, with the empty hole of the casing facing him. He then shot from the Creedmore position (laying down with the pistol in one hand supported by the side of his leg).

He was shooting a 5 shot compressed air pistol with a scope. He hit all 5 casings, and buldged the back of three of them! All 5 casings had part or all of a pellet rattling around in them when we found them!

Rick had split 5 playing cards edgewise before, but this exhibition was unbelievable!

For those of you near to Modesto, you are invited to join us; we can loan you and airpistol! Unfortunately, Rick is moving to the San Diego area and leaves Thursday, so he probably will only make a few meets a year.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    good to hear that my student is doing well.

seriously, what he does with a .177 is impressive.
    cutting playing cards ( edge on at 5 to 7 paces) with a 45 is snap-shot easy. with a .177---not so easy.
    heck, never even occurred to me to try. my hats off to him.
    swiftyjuan likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Links