px4

This is a discussion on px4 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you have the full size px4 40 would you still get the .45 px4 for a 2nd home defense or travel weapon? I am ...

Thread: px4

px4

If you have the full size px4 40 would you still get the .45 px4 for a 2nd home defense or travel weapon? I am starting to think i am addicted to px4's ( i have the full and sub compact 40) love them so far.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retnavy View Post
    If you have the full size px4 40 would you still get the .45 px4 for a 2nd home defense or travel weapon? I am starting to think i am addicted to px4's ( i have the full and sub compact 40) love them so far.
    Don't know the answer to your question except I like your reaction to the PX4 as I am getting one in about a month.

But, hey, if you love that gun, sure, use it in the size appropriate for the home. You have a weapon you can really use comfortably. Exactly what you'll need in a situation of overwhelming stress. Why rock the boat?

Thanks,

Need to get more range time with both and maybe i will forget about the .45.

I actually just recently sold my px4 and picked up a ruger lcr for carry. I enjoyed the beretta, and have nothing bad to say about it, but I may be moving to California soon, and if I'm only allowed to have 10 rounds in a weapon, then it might as well be .357 mag or .45 acp.

I also associate different brands with different calibers. Does anybody else do this? Beretta and Sig Sauer equal 9mm. Glock equals .40. H&K equals .45.

So no, I personally wouldn't get the px4 in .45, but it's for a weird reason.

Why not just wait til September, get the PX4 Compact in .40S&W, and you will only have to buy one kind of ammunition that can be used in all your Defense weapons.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I really like the PX4s, but I wouldn't buy the 45ACP version. Glock and the XD beat it in terms of mag capacity (although they are thicker).

Thanks , everyone for the info yeah high pocket u got a good point there same on ammo.

VIP Member
    Unless you are just collecting (which is fine), think of the mission/purpose of the firearm first. Then purchase the right tool for the job.

What do you expect to get from the .45 that the .40 can't give you? That would be the question going through my head.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I'm tricking my full size PX4 out to make it rather unique, instead of buying more PX4 pistols.

I first got all of its metal parts refinished with Robar's NP3 Plus:

I have both Beretta's new fully adjustable combat sights for the PX4 on backorder, as well as the low profile safety levers. As soon as they are back in stock I'm going to get them and have them installed.

Here is a photo showing the standard PX4 safety levers on the left, and the low profile ones install on the slide on the right:

And here is what the adjustable sight kit for the PX4 looks like:

I had one in 40 cal years ago. I just got one in 9mm about a month ago. Great guns.

I have small hands - everytime I try to get a 45 cal gun ins omething besides a 1911, I always find that the gun is too big for my hands.

The Stoeger Cougar in 45 was the last attempt. It actually had less recoil than a 5" Steel 1911, amazingly enough.... The one time I held a PX4 in 45, it didn't seem that big. I'd have to mess with one a few times to be sure.

But, I say - get it. It seems like a great 45.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Hickok45 recently did a nice shooting review of PX4. YouTube - ‪hickok45's Channel‬‏

Links