Defensive Carry banner

Got my Colt Gold Cup Trophy today !!!!!

8K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  RETSUPT99 
#1 ·
Well I got to pick up my Stainless Colt Gold Cup Trophy today.It is made nice and tight and looks real purdy. I bought it used but unfired. When I got it home I did see a small idiot scatch on it that I think the local gun shop put on it. You can't really see it on my bad pics because of the glare. I hope to get it out on Thursday and I will post how it shoots. I have 24 mags all loaded up and ready to go.It sure is fitted nicely but I don't care for the ducktail grip safety. I will replace that asap and like always I will replace the grips.I love these new Colts.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
There's more range fun in that nice Colt than a barrel of monkeys. Let us see it again with the grips swap.

#15 ·
beautiful....but replace the grips, no cutting. keep them as original and find some nice, herrett perhaps to replace them with.

---------------------

anyone have news on the promised "Carry UnChambered Forum"? seems to have fallen below the radar...

#22 ·
I did get the GCT out to the range. I put the factory grips back on it just to see how they feel.It felt great and the gun is the most accurate centerfire I have ever shot.It will shoot the X out of the target at 25 yards.I did not have one bullet hole outside the center ring of the target . I shot it free hand with no support.So I am going to keep the Gold Cup just the way it came from the factory. It is a keeper.

#23 ·
"It is a keeper"

I'm glad for you. It is gratifying to commit holes to paper with a nice Gold Cup because they are accurate enough to make most any shooter look better.

I'll bet it has a pretty nice trigger too.

I didn't get to see the updated photos until now. Looks so fine! Like the contrast of grips to pistol, the look of black and stainless together, and the Colt medallion makes for a nice touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.