Yildiz Fan Here. Anyone Else Out There?

This is a discussion on Yildiz Fan Here. Anyone Else Out There? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No clue. I wasn't there. He's in my aquarium club from before I got into guns but he's a solid guy so I believe what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Yildiz Fan Here. Anyone Else Out There?

No clue. I wasn't there. He's in my aquarium club from before I got into guns but he's a solid guy so I believe what he says. I know next to nothing about shotguns though.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    In case any members are interested in seeing where and how they are made LINK CLICK HERE.

Yildiz A71 Semi-Automatic Shotgun

I did a little digging into the issues with this gun. Initially, there were some problems, but have now been resolved. Early makes have been recalled, and new ones have had the kinks worked out. Since this is a new model, some issues were expected to be worked out (like almost every make and model of firearm). Here is a post that I found on shotgunworld's Yildiz forums:

(Thu Feb 03, 2011) A71 repair at Briley update again:
    Received a letter from Academy today. It is a product recall letter telling me to return my A71 semi auto to Academy. Under no circumstances am I suppose to fire the gun. The firing pin could jam and unexpectedly discharge rounds in the magazine. The trigger set will be replaced.

Good reason why you should always practice gun safety.

Hopefully all A71 owners received this letter. Remember this recall only applies to the A71 semi auto. I do not think there are many out there in the US.
    Academy customer support 888 922 2336.
    So, there should be no more worries about the safety issue that was mentioned earlier. I just put a hundred rounds through both a standard and youth 20 gauge. I used cheap target loads at 7/8 oz and nicer 1 oz loads. Both guns performed perfectly with both loads. Everything cycled, shot, and ejected perfectly as usual. I have had the A71's for a short period of time (compared to several years of my yildiz OU). Hopefully they will perform as nicely and reliably. I haven't used them enough to highly recommend them, but they are very sweet shooting guns with a nice trigger, manageable recoil, and great looks. At their price point, nothing comes even close, though. Especially in 20 gauge.

I find it hilarious that you are so in love with the "quality" and "value" of these guns. You didn't even fire a single shot out of your new O/U before you had to send it in and get it fixed. And they put an autoloader on the market that causes rounds to discharge in the magazine tube!? By god, these Turks have got it figured out!

Thank you again, Crews, for your valuable, well-thought, wise, hindsight.
    atctimmy likes this.

Just because one guy had a failure or problem in a single incident does not make the whole gun line or manufacturer a pos or poor quality gun. Every major car company has some amount of recalls in any given model year. Does that mean that every model and make from that manufacturer is a dangerous death trap? Just saying I mentioned the 20 gauge semi auto, and get info about a 12 gauge that misfired. Its apples and oranges anyway different gun and gauge all together one has nothing to do with the other! If you read enough reviews on anything you will find plenty bad and plenty good, especially with firearms. Human error, lack of maintenance, ammunition etc play apart on the operation and opinion of any firearm. Just saying if I read one thing after another about shells prematurely firing out of a specific model firearm or a repeatedly reported problem,yes I would would be weary about that particular model. Don't be a hater just because you spent way to much on your shotgun J.K. If it was a $500 or $800 dollar gun it would not be under such scrutiny! More money is not always a better product. Oh and they have been making guns for around 50 years or so guess the have have just been lucky not everyone believes everything they read on the internet!

Thanks for getting things back on track tattz. I have a little update about the A71 Semi-Autos (20 gauge).

Spent another day shooting clays without a single FTF, jam, cycle error, or any other malfunction. Have shot light skeet loads and 1oz high brass. tested rapid-firing as well. Zero issues. Perfect performance. I know this doesn't say much for long-term reliability, but I am loving the out-of-box performance right now.

Turkey makes quality guns that are affordable. I just ordered a Canik 55 9mm CZ75 B clone for $360 not including tax and background check, can't wait to get it.

Yildiz SPZ ME 20 special

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    A little bit touchy aren't we!? Lets not start calling names.

As far as your beloved shotgun, I'm sure it'll hold up fine for the average guy that goes hunting every now and then, and shoots sporting clays on occasion. I personally use my shotguns more than the average person, and wouldn't consider an O/U with an aluminum receiver.
    I am concerned a little about the aluminum receiver on my SPZ ME 20 ga. Special and time will tell. I can say this, is that all of the automatic shotguns made today have aluminum receivers with the exception of the Remington models. The aluminum seems to be holding up very well with all those high priced autos. Time will tell

Although I haven't had many people chime in on this thread, personally, I've put thousands of rounds through my SPZ ME 12 and have had flawless performance. Just make sure to keep the ejectors lubed, otherwise they'll expand and occasionally stick under heat from a session of clays. As for the receiver, it's just as tight as the day I purchased back in (if I recall correctly...) 2007. Best of luck with the 20 GA.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Yeah, our LGS carries 'em. Look well made. Alloy frame is a bit of red flag but there are steel incerts at the stress points.

Man, would I ever love to have one of those SXS's in a .410 or 28!

I've never heard of this brand but on the other hand, I'm also not big on shotguns. I have a few laying around but I don't hunt or compete, so they hardly get shot except for the Stage Coach. That's a fun little gun that I bring out pretty often for kicks. Anyways, I've been interested in getting another shotgun and prefer an OU, so thanks for posting this. Since I don't use them much, I'd really rather not spend a ton of cash on another one and it seems like I can "have my cake and eat it too" by going with this brand. If or when I end up picking one up, I'll come back and post in here.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    My Mossberg 500 has an aluminum receiver. It has held up just fine for what I would guess to be around 100K rounds of 3 inch mags. I've had it for 30 years now. I wore out a barrel on it from so much steel shot and I'll have to replace it again soon. The aluminum receiver has never been a problem though.

Sadly, with my wing shooting skill there are nowhere near 100K ducks/geese in my game bag. :(
    Badey likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links